| || || |
Want to spread happiness to others through painting? This course is for you. You can work at your pace, with no pressure, to gain confidence. All ages can benefit from painting. Painting is relaxing, absorbing, economical and creative. Senior citizens can learn this easy technique. You don't need lots of space, a small table will do. Today is the day for you to grab on to a new and rewarding hobby that will last a lifetime. To view completed design samples for each of Joan's online courses, type www.picturetrail.com/joanwaff in the browser address bar, then click on the album that interests you.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion
(additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
One Stroke Painting of Birthday Flowers is the fifth in a series of popular painting classes taught by Joan Waff. The goal of this course is for you to paint the carnation, violet, jonquil, sweet pea, lily of the valley, roses, larkspur, gladiolus, aster, chrysanthemum, and narcissus, as well as all the leaves for each flower. You will learn how to create a complete design, using the elements learned in each lesson. After this course, you will gain confidence to paint your own designs for a rewarding new hobby.
You don't have to purchase reading materials for this course. You will have the written instructions for this course, as well as the stroke guide to help you master the elements in this class. Other supplies are: Folk Art acrylic paint by Plaid Colors: floating medium (colorless), berry wine, engine red, burnt carmine, pure orange, wicker white, sunflower yellow, yellow light, school bus yellow, yellow ochre, green forest, thicket, dioxazine purple, and night sky Brushes: Plaid by Donna Dewberry (green handles) Sizes: 3/4" Flat, #12 Flat, #2 Script Liner Miscellaneous Supplies: Foam Plates, Paper Towels, Brush Caddy, Wax Paper, Artist Practice Pad (optional).
| || |
One Stroke painting is the hottest form of decorative painting today. Millions are enjoying this fast and easy way to create many unique designs, one stroke at a time.
In this course, Joan will take you step-by-step in learning this exciting and easy painting method. This is so convenient for in-home art study and learning at your own pace. Joan is a 'Certified One Stroke Instructor' (OSCI).
What better way to give happiness to others, than painting birthday flowers for all your friends, family, and peers?
Birthday flowers are a great way to share your talent with the world. You will learn the flowers for each month: January Carnation, February Violet, March Jonquil (or Daffodil), April Sweet Pea, May Lily of the Valley, June Rose, July Larkspur, August Gladiolus, September Aster, October Marigold, November Chrysanthemum, and December Narcissus, as well as the leaves for each flower.
Each lesson will have painted stroke guides, as well as written instructions, and complete designs for you to print and use for your convenience. The lessons are designed for your enjoyment in learning painting online. Joan will be paying careful attention to your comments and questions and will help you all the way to painting independence.
Joan has incorporated many websites, for you to browse in for your supply needs, as well as information and organizations to join for painting. A new world awaits you. It is just a click away.
Many people, who have never painted before, are amazed at their results. These people are now enriching their lives with their new hobby. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by taking this fun course. This class is an exciting class on color, design, creativity, imagination, relaxation, and fun.
For more course samples, click on the link below, and then click on 'course samples'.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the brushes and paints used in One Stroke Painting.
- Demonstrate painting January carnations, February Violets, March daffodils, April Sweet Peas, May Lilies .
- Demonstrate painting the June rose, July larkspur, August Gladiolus, September asters.
- Demonstrate painting October marigolds, November Chrysanthemum, and December Narcissus, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Brushes and PaintsLet's get going! In this lesson, you will learn about brushes and care.
Lesson 2: January CarnationGet ready for color! This exciting lesson will teach you the carnation. Let's get started!
Lesson 3: February VioletPretty and delicate are two words to describe the violet. You will learn the petals, leaves, stems, and a complete design. This one is easy and relaxing. Let's go paint!
Lesson 4: March Jonquil (Daffodil)Bright and colorful are two words for this cute flower. You will learn the petals, trumpet, stamens, leaves, and complete design. Let's start!
Lesson 5: April Sweet PeaEasy and dramatic are two words for the Sweet Pea. You will learn the petals with many variations, leaves, and complete design. Let's get started!
Lesson 6: May Lily of the ValleyLet's have fun! You will learn the bell shaped flower, unique stems, fun leaves, and a complete design. Let's paint!
Lesson 7: June RoseElegant and dynamic are two words to describe the rose. You will learn shell and slice strokes, rosebuds with calyx, leaves, and a complete design. Let's get excited!
Lesson 8: July LarkspurPerky and fun are two words to describe the larkspur. You will learn the petals, shapely leaves, and complete design. Let's get started!
Lesson 9: August GladiolusBright and sunny are two words to describe the gladiolus. You will learn the flower, stamens, bud, leaves, and a complete design. Let's get started!
Lesson 10: September AsterThis lesson will be very enjoyable! You will learn petals, leaves, calyx, buds, and a complete design. Let's paint!
Lesson 11: October MarigoldBright and striking are two words for the marigold. You will learn the petals, flower base, buds, calyx, leaves and complete design. Let's have some fun!
Lesson 12: November ChrysanthemumSubtle and elegant are two words to describe the chrysanthemum. You will learn the petals, leaves, calyx and complete design. Let's get ready!
Lesson 13: December NarcissusBright and happy are two words for the narcissus. You will learn the flower base, trumpet, leaves and complete design. Let's go!
|Course Title ||: ||One Stroke Painting of Birthday Flowers |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8545 |
|Course Type ||: ||Hobby/Enthusiast |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: ||Reviewed & Approved on July 21, 2003 |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $20.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Art
- How To Draw 101 This course is designed for beginner artists who have an interest in learning how to draw or sketch -- or simply want to improve their skills. It covers the tools you'll need to draw and also provide plenty of exercises to practice drawing using differen...
- Soap Making 101 Learn how to make your own soap in our self-paced online course. If you've always wanted to try different soap-making recipes, create your own signature items for personal use, for gifts or for profit, or just learn about what goes into making a so...
- Sewing 101 What do you enjoy about clothing? The colors? The design? The fit? What is the most difficult part about finding clothing that falls into all three of these categories? Right, the fit. Every human being has a body shape that is just a little bit differe...
- Genealogy 101 Genealogy is one of the fastest growing hobbies in the United States. According to some experts, nearly 75% of Americans are interested in discovering their family history. There are many reasons for this: some people are interested in learning more ab...
- Knitting Basics This course is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting but it is also useful to those knitters that might need a refresher class. Whether you have just a little or no knowledge of knitting – this course is for you. Seven lessons provide ...
- How to Start a Craft Business 101 Congratulations on considering opening your own craft business! This course offers an introduction to business and guidelines that will help you create a successful and sustainable crafting business. In this course, you'll learn what to expect, how to cr...
- Candle Making 101 Candle making is a craft as old as civilization itself, yet after so many millennia and technological advances, we still love the light, warmth, and beauty of a lit candle. Whether a seasoned artisan or a budding enthusiast, this course offers something ...
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles How to Buy and Sell Antiques and Collectibles offers a highly successful approach to acquiring and selling antiques and collectibles for both fun and profit. This course incorporates many strategies of acquiring and selling desirable objects and pieces, ...
- Digital Scrapbooking 101 Scrapbooks have been part of the American way of life for generations. Most of us were raised with scrapbooks and probably even helped make them as children next to our mother's or grandmother's sides. However, with the advent of the home computer and ea...
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101 More people every year are discovering the joy of scrapbooking to capture memories and create unique family and friend albums to keep and share. In this comprehensive course, the beginner scrapbooker will learn how to start his/her scrapbooking hobby wit...
- Card Painting This exciting card painting class has eleven card designs for you to paint. Each lesson teaches you the components of the card and how to complete the design. Card titles in this class are Abstract Tulips, Barnyard Chickens, Carrots, Radishes, a...