| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Have you always wanted to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques without having to attend an interior design school? Interior Decorating Made Easy will give you a quick and easy overview of the design process. You'll learn the principles of design -- color, texture, scale and balance and how to apply them to any room or a whole house. Best of all you can take the class online when and where it's most convenient for your schedule.
This class was developed for those of us who can feel overwhelmed with trying to create the perfect room for our lifestyle. There is no wrong or right way of doing things when it comes to personal style just as long as it's pleasing to you so forget your fears of 'design police' evaluating you. The lesson content provides a framework in which to start redecorating or decorating and the general knowledge about the basics of interior design that you can easily learn and put into practice.
Even if you're not a born decorator, this course will help you gain confidence in the development of your personal style.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe elements of design.
- Define decorating styles.
- Describe types of flooring to consider when designing.
- Describe methods for decorating walls and ceilings.
- Describe techniques for decorating windows and window treatments.
- Describe ways to decorate with furniture.
- Summarize rules and myths when decorating a home, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Interior DecoratingBrief overview of styles, line, balance, harmony and rhythm, colors, fabrics, lighting, plans, etc.
Lesson 2: Elements of DesignBasics of elements: theme, scale and proportion, balance, harmony and rhythm, focus, lighting, etc.
Lesson 3: Decorating StylesAn overview of styles.
Lesson 4: FlooringFlooring selections.
Lesson 5: Walls and CeilingsWall and ceiling treatments.
Lesson 6: Windows and Window TreatmentsCurtains, drapes, shades, blinds, shutters, and other window treatments.
Lesson 7: FurnitureFurniture styles.
Lesson 8: AccessoriesAccessorizing a space.
Lesson 9: Rules and MythsSome decorating myths and rules.
|Course Title ||: ||Interior Decorating Made Easy |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||32969 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Course Review ||: || |
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
- "For anyone considering interior decorating, this is a good inexpensive way to get a feel for what you will be facing going in. This is a good course and I enjoyed it. As an person that has been decorating without any formal education in this field, I learned a few things that I did not know from this course." -- Cheryl E.
- "How to find out my decorating style is the most helpful in this course. Very excited." -- Pungkiarti W.
- "I liked how quickly my instructor answered my emails and returned my graded items. I also found the links and pictures provided were extremely helpful in further grasping the ideas of the lesson....I had a lot of fun taking this, and it was really helpful. I have my notes from all of the lessons, and I am really excited to start doing projects using them. The instructor was awesome and I liked the personal feedback she provided. Thank you so much, I will definitely be taking another one!" -- Megan S.
Other Related Classes in Interior Design
- Cake Decorating 101 Have you ever had a greasy puddle of icing on your cake plate? By the end of Cake Decorating 101, you'll be assured this will never happen to one of your cakes. Cake decorating is not just buttercream anymore. It is the final packaging everyone sees fir...
- Event Planning 101 Event planning is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner,...
- Wedding Planning 101 You won't find a more comprehensive of a wedding course online that isn't offered by a bridal association! This eleven-lesson course teaches you all that you need to know to become a well paid, successful wedding planner – starting the day after ...
- Professional Organizer Training If you have a talent for organizing and want to find out how to set up your own Professional Organizing business, then this course is where you need to begin. Not only will answers be provided on what a professional organizer is, potential earnings and...
- Introduction to Gardening Does spring weather make you wish to get your hands dirty in the garden? Is your neighbor's garden the envy of your eye? Have you always wanted to start a garden but just were not sure how to start? The easiest way make this decision is to take a class t...
- Etiquette 101 Etiquette 101 is an overview of today's etiquette rules, updated for today's fast-paced lifestyles and ever-changing codes of conduct for work and leisure. The role of etiquette has changed over the years. At one time, it served as an indicator of each p...
- Clutter Control 101 Tired of dealing with those piles of papers, clothes, or other objects that take up so much of your time figuring out what to do with? Or are you fed-up with your family complaining that you're a pack-rat? A clutter-bug? Or perhaps even something harsher...
- Landscaping 101 The enjoyment of a beautiful landscape is one of the great pleasures of home ownership. However, actually realizing your landscaping visions can be stressful Frequently you have a bare dirt and poor grass yard or an all grass yard and you just don't...
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food This course is filled with everything you need to know to get started in canning and preserving your own foods. By the time you finish this course you will be well on your way to making and storing foods like you have thought about for so long! In this ...
- Floral Arrangement 101 Floral arranging is much more than simply putting a bunch of flowers into a vase and filling it with water. Learning the basics of floral arranging will help you put together a simple vase of flowers so that it looks elegant, professional and classy. In...
- How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home For most of us, our home represents the largest portion of our assets. Trying to sell a house or apartment or condo in today's fast paced market, quickly and profitably, has the potential for turning anyone's world upside down. Knowing what is important...
- Special Events Planning 101 Think back to the last time you went to a convention, a wedding, or an off-site business meeting. Everything you saw--from the sign-up posts, to the table decorations, to the folders you've been handed--had to be created by someone. That someone would ...
- Interior Design 101 Interior design is an exciting profession that not only requires designers to be able to think creatively, but also to problem-solve. Interior designers are responsible for creating an environment for a structure, which may include a single-family home, ...
- Housekeeping 101 Keeping a clean house seems like such a daunting exercise for many people, but it need not be. Arming yourself with the right knowledge and the right tools will make cleaning easy and efficient. In this course, we offer a comprehensive view of how to car...
- Wedding Crafts and Projects Make the wedding day an even more memorable occasion for the bride, the groom and guests by handcrafting all or parts of the bridal event. Wedding crafts are such a fun, creative and unique way to personalize a wedding and also to involve friends and lov...
- Party Planning 101 Looking for a way to throw a children's birthday party on a budget? Easy crafting and good old creativity can balance the budget and still bring joy to all the little party guests. In the party planning business, there is no right or wrong, only a desir...
- Catering 101 If you are the kind of person who... thrives on cooking for your friends, wants everyone to come to your house for dinner, feels like you have more party food ideas than you could ever possibly execute in your own home ...then you might want to start you...
- Home Inspection 101 The home inspection field is one that has been rapidly growing since its inception in the mid-1970s. Not only are they an important part of every home buying purchase, but the industry also relies upon people that are knowledgeable in the field. This cou...
- Etiquette for Children and Teens 101 Etiquette seems like an obsolete term in our modern world, however, more than ever, it is important to learn how to have solid social graces and just plain old good manners. Etiquette simply means learning how to treat others well and how to behave well ...