with CEU Certificate
A solid and well thought out public relations plan can bring awareness to a company's products and services. But can also provide a wealth of exposure that is necessary to keep a business alive. Not only can public relations be your number one fan, it can provide low cost or no cost advertising that is easy on a budget.
The role that public relations will play for your particular business, or organization will depend on your goals and what you intend to accomplish. In a marketing plan there are four major components a. public relations b. marketing, c. advertising and d. selling. These are four distinct areas that are interrelated but play unique roles. While we will briefly touch on the relationships of each and how they affect one another, this course will primarily focus on the Public Relations actions your business can take that can contribute to business success.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Public Relations and What it Means to a BusinessPublic relations is presenting an image to the public, and making that image work for you in terms of sales, and growing your business.
Lesson 2: Tools for Public RelationsWhether public relations needs are handled internally or externally all business owners and organizations should be familiar with the tools available for public relations.
Lesson 3: Is Public Relations Necessary?The various forms of public relations are always necessary to a degree, from business networking to working with local media and chamber of commerce events. Your business or organization will get noticed through these relationships.
Lesson 4: Your Message, Your Story and What You are Trying to Accomplish Using the InternetIn this age of internet savvy consumers, and blogging it makes complete sense to use these avenues to further your public relations and marketing reach.
Lesson 5: Putting Together a PR PlanMost public relations plans are formatted the same and have the same goal, being published
Lesson 6: Sample Press Releases, and the Importance of a Media List and Media RelationshipsA press release is all about the publicity that you can do for your business. The more publicity you do for your goods and services the more your business gets recognized everywhere.
Lesson 7: Reaching Your AudienceEvery business and organization has an audience, or a group of consumers and friends, and their family are potential repeat customers and new prospects.
Lesson 8: Events that Draw Press, and Media AttentionMaking sure that the PR events are properly planned will help to ensure the event has an inspiring and successful outcome.
Lesson 9: Avoiding Bad Customer Service Can Mean Avoiding Bad PressCustomer retention has a great deal to do with customer service. Customer service is really a huge facet of public relations.
Lesson 10: The Role That Marketing Plays in Your BusinessA marketing plan prepares your business to be proactive in what the market does. Without one, you end up reacting to changes and to competition, which means you are always a step behind those who are already prepared.
Lesson 11: Putting it all TogetherWhile public relations is the key to maintaining a company's image and reputation, the bulk of work in this industry is dedicated to facilitating success.
Lesson 12: All Lessons Key Terms ReviewAll Lessons Key Terms Review
|Course Title:||Public Relations 101|
|Languages:||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries|
|Course Type:||Professional Development|
|Grading Policy:||Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
|Duration:||Continuous: Enroll anytime!|
|Requirements:||View Technical Requirements|
|Course Fee:||Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certification)|
|with CEU Certification: $65.00|
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
|CEU Value:||1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)|
|Standard:||Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard|
|CE Accreditation:||Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define public relations and what it means to business.
- Describe the tools for public relations.
- Summarize your message, your story and what you are trying to accomplish using the Internet.
- Put together a PR plan.
- Put together a press release.
- Describe ways to reach your audience.
- Define events that draw press and media attention.
- Describe methods for avoiding bad customer service that can lead to bad press.
- Summarize the role that marketing plays in your business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||6|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||8|
|The Final Exam||Exam||56|
- Dealing With Difficult People$65.001.0 CEUs
- General Secretary 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Business Consulting 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Crisis Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Introduction to Six Sigma$70.001.0 CEUs
- Memory and Concentration Techniques$80.002.0 CEUs
- Virtual Assistant 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Business Management 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- Understanding Business Administration 101$70.001.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals$65.001.2 CEUs
- Team Management 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing$70.001.2 CEUs
- Freelance Writing 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Travel Writing 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Workers' Compensation 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Workplace Safety 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- How to Improve Your Concentration$59.001.0 CEUs
- How to Write a Business Plan 101$65.000.9 CEUs
- Effective Presentations$60.001.1 CEUs
- Memory Improvement 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Leadership and Supervision 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Time Management 101$65.000.7 CEUs
- Project Management 101$60.000.8 CEUs
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101$70.001.4 CEUs