| || || |
Awareness, Counseling and Prevention
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Awareness, Counseling and Prevention is a comprehensive course that addresses the problems of drug abuse across the spectrum, including the latest thinking about prevention and awareness. This course provides an understanding of the origins and current status of drug use, and includes special notations addressed to a person who may be experiencing problems with substance abuse. This curriculum is a valuable tool for teachers, parents, students and workers, as well as someone seeking help for him or herself.
The course also covers assessment, intervention, rehabilitation and recovery, and includes a list of helpful resources. For anyone who has an interest in any aspect of drug and alcohol abuse, this course can prove to be a very beneficial tool. So join us today!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Drug and Alcohol Abuse -- Awareness, Counseling, and PreventionAn introduction to the causes, consequences, and solutions related to the persistent culture of addiction in today's society.
Lesson 2: Availability of DrugsYou may wonder how illegal drugs end up in the hands of kids. Old films showed us seedy characters in dark trench coats offering evil drugs to innocent children.
Lesson 3: Why Do Humans Abuse Substances?People choose to alter their consciousness for hundreds of reasons. The use of drugs and alcohol to get high is not a new phenomenon, even though today's choices may be more varied.
Lesson 4: Dependence and AddictionIt is important to know that addiction has been studied extensively. Abuse of substances does not necessarily imply addiction.
Lesson 5: Effects of Use and Dependency -- Potential Social Consequences of Substance AbuseIt could be argued that abuse of substances is a personal choice. If an individual chooses to compromise his or her own health and quality of life, can we just take the attitude of "live and let live?"
Lesson 6: Prevention in the HomeIn this course, we will touch on programs and methods that have been deemed most successful by schools and parenting organizations.
Lesson 7: SchoolsApproximately 80 percent of our country's public school systems have implemented some kind of drug prevention program. Many have been discontinued due to budget cuts, and some have been eliminated because they simply have not worked.
Lesson 8: Workplace PreventionOf the 20.4 million adults classified with substance dependence or abuse,
12.3 million (60.4 percent) were employed full-time.
Lesson 9: Assessment and InterventionAssessment involves a number of questions about drug and alcohol use, including current use and use in the past, as well as the level and consistency of use.
Lesson 10: TreatmentWhen we can accept that addiction is actually a disease, we can approach its treatment much like we would approach treating other chronic diseases, like diabetes or asthma.
Lesson 11: Following UpRecovery does not end when rehab is over. There is a high rate of relapse after rehabilitation, and rehab clinicians and counselors are aware of the odds.
|Course Title ||: ||Drug and Alcohol Abuse 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550481 |
|Course Type ||: ||General Education |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Addictions
- Anger Management 101 If you have been at the mercy of the negative consequences that result from mishandled anger, Anger Management 101 will provide relief. This insightful course is filled with both practical wisdom and application that will end the anger trap for good. ...
- Confidence Building 101 This course on building self-confidence reaches beyond the standard self-help program by addressing the core issues surrounding confidence problems and exploring how to reprogram our brain‘s negative self-talk. Based on the concept that we come int...
- Stress Management 101 Stress is one of the most common words used in society today and a phenomenon that each one of us will experience at some point in our life. Stress affects people of all ages, professions and life situations. While we have an innate understanding of s...
- Domestic Violence 101 Domestic violence, sometimes called domestic abuse, is reaching epidemic proportions and affects men, women and children of all races and social and economic levels. In order to stem the tide of domestic abuse we have to not only stop the abuse and prote...
- Assertiveness Training 101 The ability to be assertive is difficult. Because most people do not want to be perceived as selfish, demanding, hostile, stubborn or just plain hard to get along with, they allow others to take advantage of them or they do more than is necessary or requ...
- Basic Parenting 101 Good parenting skills are something we learn, not something we are born with. Being a more effective parent or caretaker is possible for everyone! This course can help you get your parenting skills to where you want them to be. It covers a broad rang...
- Conflict Resolution 101 Conflict Resolution: In the Workplace and Beyond Did you know that a little conflict in your office today can shut down your entire operation tomorrow? That is no exaggeration! Workplace conflict costs. It starts by reducing productivity and employee h...
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection Preventing child abuse is everyone's responsibility. This includes law enforcement personnel, educational personnel, medical personnel as well as family, friends, and neighbors. Child Abuse education is important so that students may recognize various as...
- Depression Management Managing Depression is an engaging course that offers an abundance of ideas for taking personal control over the nasty symptoms of depression. Focusing on self-help for mild to moderate depression, this online class identifies the various symptoms of d...
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse 101 Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Awareness, Counseling and Prevention is a comprehensive course that addresses the problems of drug abuse across the spectrum, including the latest thinking about prevention and awareness. This course provides an understanding of ...
- Babysitting 101 This course is designed to provide beginning babysitters with advice and tips for caring for kids of all ages. Parents want their children to have the best babysitter they could find. This course is written to allow a first time babysitting to know how t...
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders 101 This research-based introductory course will provide comprehensive information on Emotional and Behavioral disorders. The course material will provide you with information on the following: definitions, characteristics, prevalence, causes, assessment, ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers This is an overview of autism spectrum disorders for teachers and paraprofessionals. We will examine the psychological, physiological, social, and educational characteristics of individuals who have been identified as having autism, pervasive development...
- Healthy Relationships 101 Whether you are in a new or long term romantic relationship, a busy student working with other colleagues, parents struggling to form a connection with your children, or a business person needing to form a relationship of trust with the employer--relatio...
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) affects millions of children and adults all over the world. Although it is considered a mental health issue by some medical practitioners, ADHD is actually a complex neurobiological disorder, thus, it cann...
- Childhood Obesity 101 Are you one of those parents who constantly worry about your child's weight? Are you unsure about the kind of help and support an overweight child needs? Or are you looking for ways to prevent your child from gaining excess weight? Whichever the case, th...