Universal Class Online Instructor
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Division of Teaching and Learning, Universal Class online instructors are responsible for ensuring students meet all learning objectives and successfully completing their course as outlined in the course description, lesson topics and syllabus. It is their responsibility to ensure students achieve and demonstrate mastery of learning objectives and receive appropriate feedback and assessments of their progress throughout the course. Instructors must respond to students within a timely fashion, by answering questions and emails within 1 business day, and reviewing/grading assignments and exams within 2 business days. Additionally, they must track, monitor, advise, and openly discuss course curriculum with students as needed throughout the course.
- Creating HD (or 4K) video discussions and tutorials.
- Reviewing/editing/updating course curriculum regularly to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Perform any related tasks to improve the nature, experience, and delivery of online courses where appropriate.
- Maintaining class netlinks to ensure availability, accuracy and relevance.
- Responding to student emails, questions, and comments within 1 business day.
- Grading and providing quality feedback to students' assignment submissions within 2 business days.
- Providing detailed progress reports and assessments of student activities within 2 business days of the activity when appropriate.
- Communicating with Universal Class staff concerning any problems or potential problems with students.
- Following additional job requirements and expected code of conduct as outlined in the Instructor Handbook.
- Education - Four year (BA) college degree accredited by an agency recognized by the Department of Education (an additional 2 year MA degree is recommended as well as advanced post graduate work).
- Teacher certification - is recommended and/or a minimum of 3 years college/adjunct teaching experience.
- Work / Field Experience - Four to Six years (or more) work experience (outside of school) in the area of interest being instructed.
- Writing/Communication Skills - Excellent use of the English language, excellent writing skills (correspondence through email is an essential component; we recommend that you can type at least 30 wpm).
- Computer Skills - Must be computer literate and extremely familiar with online technologies. Must be adept at word processing, email, search engines, and web browsing.
- Online Teaching Experience - Online teaching experience is recommended but not required.
Salary commensurate with the individual's experience and type of courses being taught.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume, writing sample, copies of teaching certifications (if available), with cover letter stating areas available to teach to the following email address:
jobs [at] universalclass [dot] com