| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Bringing home a new pet to join your family is always a fun and exciting time. But it also comes with a huge responsibility. This animal now depends on you for food, shelter, medical care, and companionship. In short, you hold their very life in your hands. This fun and informative course will help you cover all the basics of animal care. Every thing from feeding recommendations, bathing tips, and basic first aid topics are covered in just 12 easy to learn lessons. Just follow along and you'll be a pro in no time at all!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize how to properly feed your dog.
- Summarize how to properly feed your cat.
- Summarize the basic pet care items you'll need.
- Describe the proper ways to bathe your pet.
- Describe the proper ways to groom your pet.
- Define Heartworm Treatment.
- Summarize general first aid precautions to take with your pet.
- Describe ways on how to handle poisoning or a pet.
- Describe methods for pet proofing your home.
- Summarize what to look for when choosing a pet boarding facility, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1. Feeding Your DogThis lesson discusses the different nutritional phases in a dog's life from puppy hood to the senior years.
Lesson 2. Feeding Your CatThis lesson discusses whether to feed dry or moist food and what kind of treats should be considered.
Lesson 3. Basic Pet Care ItemsBringing home a new pet is a fun and exciting time for any family, but it can also be very hectic. Pets come with their own list of needs, and it can get long. Not only long, but confusing. Just think about those long aisles at your local pet store and yo
Lesson 4. Bathing Your PetThis lesson gives the basics of how to wash your cat or dog.
Lesson 5. Grooming Your PetGrooming your pet is about much more than just cutting their hair. Taking care of a few basic grooming chores can vastly improve your pet's overall health. In fact, regular grooming of your pet allows you to become familiar with their bodies and helps you
Lesson 6. Heartworm TreatmentHeartworms are a bothersome and potentially deadly parasite that can infect many different species of animals. The infection comes from your pet being bitten by an infected mosquito.
Lesson 7. Knowing When to InterveneIn this section we are going to learn what constitutes an emergency. It is so vitally important that you know what you can and can't treat safely. While having a solid base of first aid knowledge might just save your pet's life, not knowing your limits ca
Lesson 8. General First Aid PrecautionWhile we realize that most first aid situations will end with a trip to the vet, a vet is not always around. Since it seems like these types of situations only crop up at the most in opportune time, it's not likely that your vet will overview.
Lesson 9. Handling PoisoningWe have stated several times in this course just how important it is to seek help if you feel that your pet has been poisoned. However, we feel that the topic is serious enough to warrant its own lesson. In this lesson we are going to take an in depth loo
Lesson 10. Pet Proofing your HomeWe know that bringing a new pet home to join your family is a fun and exciting experience. We also know that it is one that your home might not be quite ready for. In fact, it is likely that your home is filled with potential hazards to a new dog or cat.
Lesson 11. Cleaning Up after your PetWhen you make the decision to make a pet a part of your family it is your responsibility to take the good right along with the bad. Everyone loves to play with the new puppy or kitten and love on them, but often help becomes scare when they make a mess.
Lesson 12. Choosing a Pet Boarding FacilityGoing on vacation can be a wonderful thing, but it always leads to that age-old question. What about the pets? Most of us know that we are going to have to leave our pets at one time or another. But you don't want to leave your babies with just anyone.
|Course Title ||: ||Dog & Cat First Aid, Care & Maintenance |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550004 |
|Course Type ||: ||General Education |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
- "It was all helpful to me as a refresher course." -- Cynthia B.
- "I liked that each topic contained a lesson, an assignment and an exam and all subjects were given equal importance." -- Melodi L.
Featured Courses in Animal Sciences
| ($95.00) Biology, the science of life, concentrates on the structure, function, distribution, adaptation, interactions, origins and evolution of living organisms, a grouping which encapsulates both plants and animals. more || || ($60.00) Who do you think benefits the most from feeding and observing wild birds - the birds or us?. more |
| || || |
| ($60.00) If you're a new cat owner, this course is for you. more || || ($60.00) A dog is a wonderful, entertaining and loyal companion. more |
Other Related Classes in Animal Sciences
- Dog Training 101: A Guide for Beginners A dog is a wonderful, entertaining and loyal companion. Bringing home a new dog to join your family is such a fun and exciting time. When you take on this huge responsibility, you'll want to do the best job you can. Your animal now depends on you for ...
- Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners Would you like to learn how to protect, nurture and help wild animals and birds? This course explains and demonstrates how you can help without being a wildlife expert. Though the course focus is on what you can do in your own backyard, it also will ...
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101 This is a guide to the ins and outs of starting and maintaining a successful pet sitting and pet walking service. Pet sitting and pet walking businesses were almost unheard of a generation ago, but today they are in every major city and most towns. Tod...
- Cat Care and Training 101 If you're a new cat owner, this course is for you. Understanding a cat is not as simple as understanding a dog. Cats can possess a Buddha-like calmness that exudes wisdom but then exhibit psychotic-like behavior when confronted with a different brand of...
- Dog Psychology 101 Love dogs? Have a dog as a pet? Have you ever wondered what your dog was thinking, why it acts the way it does, or how to train it more effectively? If so, this course is for you! This course, which focuses on dog psychology, will give you an in-depth lo...
- Bird Watching 101: Food, Feeders and Behavior Who do you think benefits the most from feeding and observing wild birds - the birds or us? People of all ages, from all walks of life, study birds with interests that range from occasional pleasure viewing to an outright passion resulting in lengthy t...
- Marine Biology 101 Marine biology is the science of saltwater and everything that lives, moves, and filters through it. The word marine in this sense refers specifically to saltwater that you find in oceans, not freshwater, which is found in lakes. When you look at a glob...
- Biology 101 Biology, the science of life, concentrates on the structure, function, distribution, adaptation, interactions, origins and evolution of living organisms, a grouping which encapsulates both plants and animals. Biology 101 will encompass the principles of ...
- Advanced Dog Training Advanced Training for Man's Best Friend Going Beyond the Basics of Dog Training Going beyond the basics of sit, come and stay, advanced dog training includes understanding your dog in dog terms. By knowing the traits of your dog's breed and taking fu...
- Horseback Riding 101 While it's impossible to describe the exhilaration and connections to yourself and to nature you will experience while riding a horse, be assured that nothing else you ever do will be quite like it. That may not seem true the day after your first ride, w...
- Essentials of Ecology 101 A study of ecology is important to understand in today's world. Ecology is the study of the relationships between living organisms, including humans, and their physical environment; specifically, ecology identifies and explains the holism, or critical co...