Online Class: Internet Fundamentals 101
Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet in a light and interesting way. It also offers valuable information about how to protect your computer, your family and yourself from the inevitable dangers that naturally arise in a system so open, and so very powerful.
With a tool as elegant and robust as the Internet, it is good to know what you are looking at when you see or hear about things like "TCP/IP" – it's not all complex programming language, but often just logical abbreviations for simple terms that best describe the process.
Lesson One : Internet FundamentalsOur world has changed dramatically as the Internet has become more available to the majority of the citizens of Earth.
Lesson Two : How You Got ThereThis lesson will help us understand how to do searches on the web.
Lesson Three : How It WorksThis lesson will provide a more complete understanding of how the web works.
Lesson Four : ConnectionsConnections are an important part of Internet knowledge, and we will discuss them in this lesson,
Lesson Five : Blogs, Social Networks, Email and More Fun on the InternetThis lesson will go over all fun activities that take place on the Internet; such as Blogs, Social Networks, Email, Aution, Online Dating and More Fun.
Lesson Six : You On the WebYou can have a family website that contains photos and information about your family, or a business website that helps you sell the gadget you invented.
Lesson Seven : Copyrights, Trademarks and PlagiarismAs with any created material, the material is owned by the person who created it, whether it is a piece of writing, a piece of art, or a toy.
Lesson Eight: Who's The BossA fascinating fact about the Internet is that there is really no one in charge.
Lesson Nine: The Shady SideAs with everything in the world, there is a dual reality with the Internet. Dangers lurk on the Internet that everyone needs to be aware of.
Lesson Ten : The Dark Side- Predators, Scams, HoaxesWe discussed the shady side of the Internet involving threats to computer systems and invasion of privacy through software programs and hackers.
Lesson Eleven: Ethics and NetiquetteIn the last Lesson we touched very lightly on the subject of ethics on the Internet, mentioning the importance of individual respect and integrity.
Resources and BibliographyResources and Bibliography
- Describe how the Internet works.
- Summarize describe connections that need to be made in order to access the internet.
- Summarize and visit blogs, social networks, and online email services.
- Navigate the web and find information.
- Summarize copyrights, trademarks and plagiarism.
- Avoid predators, scams, and hoaxes.
- Summarize ethics and netiquette.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I found it very informational and I could relate to it well." -- Janet S.
- "The course is good and the instructor are great." -- Mark A.
- "Good course!" -- Kenneth F.
- "I am satisfied with this course and UniversalClass." -- Luis P.
- "Great Instructor." -- Joann B.
- "I found the course to be clear, concise and very rewarding." -- Christine A.
- "It opened up a new view of the internet. It explained a lot of information to a new user." -- Barbara B.
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Cybersecurity 101 + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Adobe Photoshop 101 + More Info
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Introduction to CSS + More Info
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Python Programming 101 + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Dreamweaver 101 + More Info
- 20 hours 2.0 CEUs Photoshop Elements 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Final Cut Pro X + More Info
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Introduction to SQL + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Creating WordPress Websites + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks Online + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 2 - Internet Basics + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Adobe After Effects + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Adobe Captivate + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs JQuery Programming + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 3 - Living and Working Online + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Pinterest + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Microsoft Project 2019 + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Publisher 2019 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Social Media Marketing: An Introduction + More Info
- 20 hours 2.0 CEUs Typing and Keyboarding 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe InDesign 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Internet Marketing Basics + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Microsoft Access 2019 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe Lightroom 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs How to Start and Run an Online Business + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Adobe Premiere 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs MySQL + More Info
- 13 hours 1.3 CEUs Adobe Illustrator 101 + More Info