Online Class: Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers
This course is designed to provide students with the fundamental vocabulary, philosophy, and methodology of the science of behavior management.
Self-Paced, Online Class
This course familiarizes parents, teachers, and paraprofessionals with appropriate behavioral approaches and methods for the instruction and management of individuals with disabilities.
This course is designed to provide students with the fundamental vocabulary, philosophy, and methodology of the science of behavior management. Specifically, this first course will focus on the foundations, scientific terminology, and the basic principles and tactics of the science of applied behavior analysis. Data collection procedures and classroom management techniques will also be a major focus of this course. This is an introductory course, so much of the course content will involve definitions of scientific terms and simple applications of the principles and strategies of the science to real-world educational or societal settings.
Lesson 1: IntroductionIntroduction to the course.
Lesson 2: Applied Behavior AnalysisThe principles and tactics of the science that are applied to learning goals, deficits in behaviors, or behavior problems are from the basic and applied branches of the science.
Lesson 3: Behavioral AssessmentThis lesson describes types of Behavioral Assessment.
Lesson 4: How to do ResearchThe purpose of this lesson is to provide you with an understanding of the importance of experimental analysis
Lesson 5: Measurement ProceduresSelecting a Measurement Procedure
Lesson 6: Introduction to Increase and Decrease Strategies of ABAPrinciples of reinforcement and punishment
Lesson 7: Self Management and Regulation of BehaviorSelf-Management and Self-Regulation
Lesson 8: Introduction to DesignResearch Designs
Lesson 9: Presentation of the DataGraphing and Displaying Data
Lesson 10: The Final ProjectFinal Research Project
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history and foundations of behavior management.
- Describe assessment methods.
- Summarize types of data collection techniques.
- Describe experimental analysis.
- Desribe methods to increase behavior strategies.
- Describe methods to decrease behavior strategies.
- Summarize self-management strategies.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers
Course Number: 7550005
Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countries
Availability: This course is online and available in all 50 states including: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Texas.
Last Updated: April 2022
Course Type: Self-Paced, Online Class
CEU Value: 1.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned.
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Special Education 101 + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Childhood Obesity + More Info
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Personality Development + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Early Childhood Development 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Home Safety + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Single Parenting 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Understanding Learning Styles + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Second Grade Curriculum + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Building Self-Esteem in Children + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Reading Comprehension 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Child Psychology 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs How to Teach Reading Fundamentals + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs First Grade Curriculum + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs How To Be a Substitute Teacher + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Basic Parenting 101 + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Problem Solving Strategies + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Solving Classroom Discipline Problems + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Positive Parenting Techniques + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers + More Info