Typing and Keyboarding 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can save you hours of valuable work time, increasing your productivity.
This course, Typing and Keyboarding for Business Professionals, is entirely self-teaching. Each lesson is short, simple and easy to master, with easy-to-understand text and custom-designed typing drills. Here are some features you will like about this course:
1. Cumulative Reviews: At the end of each lesson, you will be quizzed on the most important points to remember. This will help to reinforce your understanding of those keys before you go on to the new ones.
2. Accuracy and Speed-Building practice: Learning how to type faster means nothing without the accuracy that goes along with it. We’ve created special practice drills that will help you master both.
3. Learn Business Correspondence Formats: This course helps you learn and understand the correct format and etiquette for the most common letters, documents and notes used when communicating in the business world.
4. Speed and Accuracy Tests: We’ve provided tests that allow you to see how your words per minute (wpm) rate and your accuracy have improved over the course of the class.
5. Online Typing Aids: To help you continue to practice, we’ve provided links to several websites offering free typing games and tests.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Home Row KeysThis lesson the keys and finger placement of the of row keys.
Lesson 2: Top-Row KeysThe lesson explains the top row keys and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 3: Bottom-Row KeysThis lesson teaches the bottom row keys and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 4: Fourth-Row Number and Symbol KeysThis lesson teaches the fourth row and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 5: Shift KeysThis lesson explains how to use the shift keys, what they do and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 6: Enter and Backspace KeysThis lesson describes how and when to use the enter and backspace keys and practice lessons.
Lesson 7: Tab and Caps Lock KeysThis lesson explains how to use the caps lock and tab keys.
Lesson 8: Shortcut KeysThis lesson explains shortcut keys for a typewriter, PC and Mac.
Lesson 9: Mastering the KeysThis lesson gives you practice on typing alphabet, number, symbol and punctuation keys.
Lesson 10: Skill DrillsThese simple drills are designed to strengthen your reaching movements so that you feel more comfortable with both hands on the keyboard.
Lesson 11: Sentence RepetitionUsing repetition to familiar yourself to not look at keyboard.
Lesson 12: Paragraph PracticePracticing paragraphs to increase your flow.
Lesson 13: Speed BoostersThis lesson focuses on repeating sentences to type smoothly.
Lesson 14: Timed TestsThis lesson will test your speed and accuracy.
Lesson 15: Business LettersThis lesson describes how to write a professional business letter.
Lesson 16: Business MemosThis lesson explains how to make concise business memos.
Lesson 17: Personal Business NotesThis lesson explains how to write personal business notes.
Lesson 18: Business Emails and Email EtiquetteThis lesson explains how to write business emails.
Lesson 19: ResumesThis lesson will explain how to format and write a professional resume.
Lesson 20: Application LettersThis lesson describes how to make an application letter to go along with your resume.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Typing and Keyboarding 101Course Number: 7550009Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Technical Skill (Novice)CEU Value: 2.0 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: typing.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Linda ZavadilSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and use Home Row keys.
- Identify and use Top-Row Keys.
- Identify and use Bottom-Row Keys.
- Identify and use Fourth-Row Number and Symbol Keys.
- Identify and use Shift Keys.
- Identify and use Enter and Backspace Keys.
- Identify and use Tab and Caps Lock Keys.
- Master proper finger to key usage.
- Demonstrate proficiency through skill drills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sentence and paragraph creation.
- Type and format business letters, business memos, personal notes, and emails.
- Type and format resumes and application letters, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 10 Lesson 1 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 35 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 2 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 10 Lesson 2 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 35 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 3 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 10 Lesson 3 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 35 Lesson 3 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 4 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 10 Lesson 4 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 40 Lesson 4 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 20 Lesson 5 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 30 Lesson 5 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 30 Lesson 6 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 30 Lesson 7 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 9 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 35 Lesson 9 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 10 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 15 Lesson 10 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 15 Lesson 10 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 11 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 15 Lesson 11 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 20 Lesson 11 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 12 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1 Assignment 25 Lesson 12 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2 Assignment 25 Lesson 12 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 13 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 35 Lesson 13 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 14 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 35 Lesson 14 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 15 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 25 Lesson 15 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 16 Assignment A: Practice Exercise Assignment 25 Lesson 16 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 17 Assignment A: Business Notes Writing Assignment 25 Lesson 17 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 18 Assignment A: Email Writing Assignment 25 Lesson 18 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 19 Assignment B: Resume Writing Assignment 30 Lesson 19 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 20 Assignment A: Application Letter Writing Assignment 25 Lesson 20 Exam Exam 8 Total Points: 860
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+