with CEU Certificate
Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can save you hours of valuable work time, increasing your productivity.
This course, Typing and Keyboarding for Business Professionals, is entirely self-teaching. Each lesson is short, simple and easy to master, with easy-to-understand text and custom-designed typing drills. Here are some features you will like about this course:
1. Cumulative Reviews: At the end of each lesson, you will be quizzed on the most important points to remember. This will help to reinforce your understanding of those keys before you go on to the new ones.
2. Accuracy and Speed-Building practice: Learning how to type faster means nothing without the accuracy that goes along with it. We’ve created special practice drills that will help you master both.
3. Learn Business Correspondence Formats: This course helps you learn and understand the correct format and etiquette for the most common letters, documents and notes used when communicating in the business world.
4. Speed and Accuracy Tests: We’ve provided tests that allow you to see how your words per minute (wpm) rate and your accuracy have improved over the course of the class.
5. Online Typing Aids: To help you continue to practice, we’ve provided links to several websites offering free typing games and tests.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Home Row KeysThis lesson the keys and finger placement of the of row keys.
Lesson 2: Top-Row KeysThe lesson explains the top row keys and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 3: Bottom-Row KeysThis lesson teaches the bottom row keys and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 4: Fourth-Row Number and Symbol KeysThis lesson teaches the fourth row and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 5: Shift KeysThis lesson explains how to use the shift keys, what they do and the correct finger placement.
Lesson 6: Enter and Backspace KeysThis lesson describes how and when to use the enter and backspace keys and practice lessons.
Lesson 7: Tab and Caps Lock KeysThis lesson explains how to use the caps lock and tab keys.
Lesson 8: Shortcut KeysThis lesson explains shortcut keys for a typewriter, PC and Mac.
Lesson 9: Mastering the KeysThis lesson gives you practice on typing alphabet, number, symbol and punctuation keys.
Lesson 10: Skill DrillsThese simple drills are designed to strengthen your reaching movements so that you feel more comfortable with both hands on the keyboard.
Lesson 11: Sentence RepetitionUsing repetition to familiar yourself to not look at keyboard.
Lesson 12: Paragraph PracticePracticing paragraphs to increase your flow.
Lesson 13: Speed BoostersThis lesson focuses on repeating sentences to type smoothly.
Lesson 14: Timed TestsThis lesson will test your speed and accuracy.
Lesson 15: Business LettersThis lesson describes how to write a professional business letter.
Lesson 16: Business MemosThis lesson explains how to make concise business memos.
Lesson 17: Personal Business NotesThis lesson explains how to write personal business notes.
Lesson 18: Business Emails and Email EtiquetteThis lesson explains how to write business emails.
Lesson 19: ResumesThis lesson will explain how to format and write a professional resume.
Lesson 20: Application LettersThis lesson describes how to make an application letter to go along with your resume.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and use Home Row keys.
- Identify and use Top-Row Keys.
- Identify and use Bottom-Row Keys.
- Identify and use Fourth-Row Number and Symbol Keys.
- Identify and use Shift Keys.
- Identify and use Enter and Backspace Keys.
- Identify and use Tab and Caps Lock Keys.
- Master proper finger to key usage.
- Demonstrate proficiency through skill drills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sentence and paragraph creation.
- Type and format business letters, business memos, personal notes, and emails.
- Type and format resumes and application letters, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 10 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 11 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Assignment A: Practice Exercise 1||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Assignment B: Practice Exercise 2||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||35|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 16 Assignment A: Practice Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 17 Assignment A: Business Notes Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 18 Assignment A: Email Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 19 Assignment B: Resume Writing||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 20 Assignment A: Application Letter Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 20 Exam||Exam||8|
- MS Word 2007$55.001.0 CEUs
- Gregg Shorthand 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Speed Reading 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Electronics 101$90.001.9 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Quicken 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Access 2013$75.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing for Beginners$65.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Women's Fiction 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Proofreading and Copyediting 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs