with CEU Certificate*
Bringing home a new pet to join your family is always a fun and exciting time. But it also comes with a huge responsibility. This animal now depends on you for food, shelter, medical care, and companionship. In short, you hold their very life in your hands. This fun and informative course will help you cover all the basics of animal care. Every thing from feeding recommendations, bathing tips, and basic first aid topics are covered in just 12 easy to learn lessons. Just follow along and you'll be a pro in no time at all!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Feeding Your DogThis lesson discusses the different nutritional phases in a dog's life from puppy hood to the senior years.
Lesson 2. Feeding Your CatThis lesson discusses whether to feed dry or moist food and what kind of treats should be considered.
Lesson 3. Basic Pet Care ItemsBringing home a new pet is a fun and exciting time for any family, but it can also be very hectic. Pets come with their own list of needs, and it can get long. Not only long, but confusing. Just think about those long aisles at your local pet store and yo
Lesson 4. Bathing Your PetThis lesson gives the basics of how to wash your cat or dog.
Lesson 5. Grooming Your PetGrooming your pet is about much more than just cutting their hair. Taking care of a few basic grooming chores can vastly improve your pet's overall health. In fact, regular grooming of your pet allows you to become familiar with their bodies and helps you
Lesson 6. Heartworm TreatmentHeartworms are a bothersome and potentially deadly parasite that can infect many different species of animals. The infection comes from your pet being bitten by an infected mosquito.
Lesson 7. Knowing When to InterveneIn this section we are going to learn what constitutes an emergency. It is so vitally important that you know what you can and can't treat safely. While having a solid base of first aid knowledge might just save your pet's life, not knowing your limits ca
Lesson 8. General First Aid PrecautionWhile we realize that most first aid situations will end with a trip to the vet, a vet is not always around. Since it seems like these types of situations only crop up at the most in opportune time, it's not likely that your vet will overview.
Lesson 9. Handling PoisoningI have stated several times in this course just how important it is to seek help if you feel that your pet has been poisoned. However, I feel that the topic is serious enough to warrant its own lesson. In this lesson we're going to take an in-depth look.
Lesson 10. Pet Proofing your HomeWe know that bringing a new pet home to join your family is a fun and exciting experience. We also know that it is one that your home might not be quite ready for. In fact, it is likely that your home is filled with potential hazards to a new dog or cat.
Lesson 11. Cleaning Up after your PetWhen you make the decision to make a pet a part of your family it is your responsibility to take the good right along with the bad. Everyone loves to play with the new puppy or kitten and love on them, but often help becomes scare when they make a mess.
Lesson 12. Choosing a Pet Boarding FacilityGoing on vacation can be a wonderful thing, but it always leads to that age-old question. What about the pets? Most of us know that we are going to have to leave our pets at one time or another. But you don't want to leave your babies with just anyone.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize how to properly feed your dog.
- Summarize how to properly feed your cat.
- Summarize the basic pet care items you'll need.
- Describe the proper ways to bathe your pet.
- Describe the proper ways to groom your pet.
- Define Heartworm Treatment.
- Summarize general first aid precautions to take with your pet.
- Describe ways on how to handle poisoning or a pet.
- Describe methods for pet proofing your home.
- Summarize what to look for when choosing a pet boarding facility, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Assignment 1: Feeding Tips||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||9|
|Assignment 2: Cat Food||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 3: Pet Care Items||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 4: Bathing Cats and Dogs||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 5: Grooming Cats and Dogs||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 6: Heatworm Treatment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 7: When pet is unwell.||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 8: First Aid||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 9: Symptoms of Poisoning and Treatment||Assignment||45|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 10: Household Hazards for Pets||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Assignment 11: Pet Mess Cleanup||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|Final Assignment: Boarding for Dogs and Cats||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
- Bird Watching 101: Food, Feeders and Behavior$60.000.5 CEUs
- Cat Care and Training 101$70.000.6 CEUs
- Dog Psychology 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- Biology 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Essentials of Ecology 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Marine Biology 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Business 101$90.001.2 CEUs
- Dog Training 101: A Guide for Beginners$60.001.2 CEUs
- Advanced Dog Training$70.000.9 CEUs
- Horseback Riding 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners$70.000.8 CEUs