with CEU Certificate
The class is not a beginning or advanced vocabulary course. It's that "in between" course where so many people's vocabulary skills fit. So if you're interested in expanding your vocabulary skills in a self-paced, no stress format where an instructor actually reviews and corrects your sentence writing, why not give it a try? Enrich your life by enriching your vocabulary.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
IntroductionAn introduction to the course and an explanation of what will be required for lessons and assignments.
Lesson 2: Read, Read, and ReadThe quickest way to expand your vocabulary is to read.
Lesson 3: SynonymsWe'll focus on a review of words that have similar meanings.
Lesson 4: Synonyms ContinuedMore work on synonyms.
Lesson 5: Homonyms and HomographsPairs that are often confused, and how to keep them straight.
Lesson 6: Words of Foreign OriginWords from other countries that English has "borrowed."
Lesson 7: Misleading WordsWords that don't mean what they sound like, or words that sound like other words.
Lesson 8: Power WordsPower words are words that can evoke an emotional response when they are read or heard.
Lesson 9: Knowing AntonymsKnowing the antonym of a word will increase your ability to understand and remember the word.
Lesson 10: Verbal AnalogiesTesting your knowledge of words with verbal analogies.
Lesson 11: More Vocabulary-Building ExercisesVarious vocabulary exercises
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the best practices to build vocabulary.
- Define and use synonyms.
- Define and use homonyms and homographs.
- Define and use words of foreign origin.
- Recognize misleading words.
- Define and use power words.
- Define and use antonyms.
- Define and use verbal analogies.
- Summarize vocabulary building exercises to use daily, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduction Assignment 1||Assignment||10|
|Assignment for Lesson 2||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Synonyms||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment A: Synonym Fill in the Blanks||Assignment||12|
|Lesson 4 Assignment B: More Synonyms||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Homonym Writing||Assignment||25|
|More Practice with Homonyms||Exam||60|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Foreign Phrases||Assignment||25|
|Using Terms of Foreign Origin||Exam||50|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Misleading Words||Assignment||10|
|Misleading Words Exam||Exam||55|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Power Words||Assignment||25|
|Power Words Exam||Exam||45|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Antonyms||Assignment||10|
|Verbal Analogies Exam||Exam||5|
|More Verbal Analogies||Exam||50|
|Lesson 11 Assignment A||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Assignment B: Final Writing||Assignment||20|
|More Practice- Quiz 11||Exam||70|
|Additional Vocabulary Words - Quiz 11||Exam||50|
- ESL Grammar Skills Level 1$55.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing for Beginners$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Women's Fiction 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing$90.002.0 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Historical Fiction Writing 101$65.002.3 CEUs
- Paranormal Romance Writing 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Basic English Speaking Skills$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Improvement 101$90.001.3 CEUs
- Poetry Writing 101$60.001.7 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Creative Writing Workshop$65.001.3 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing 101$65.001.9 CEUs
- How to Write Short Stories for Children 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Humor Writing 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Enhance Your Everyday Vocabulary$60.001.6 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.5 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Speed Reading 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- English Composition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Greek Mythology$60.000.7 CEUs
- American Literature Review$60.000.7 CEUs