Online Class: Yoga 101
with CEU Certificate*
You'll learn how regular practice helps to build the muscle strength required to hold yoga postures. More than that, you'll develop increased lung capacity and provide the regular stimulation to the internal organs that help to balance chemical and hormone levels. Regular assignments and instructions point the way to the correct position for balancing postures, to the extent that it becomes second nature - like riding a bicycle. Emphasis is on the latest methods to slow and calm your mind, release stress and purge your thoughts of the worries and stresses of the day.
Anyone who's interested in learning about yoga and how to perform yoga exercises is welcome to enroll in this class. This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
· This history of yoga and the chants involved.
· How yoga can balance your life.
· The five points of yoga.
· Beginning yoga exercises.
· Define meditation and discusses the different types of meditation.
· How imagery can help with relaxation and reducing stress.
· The benefits of yoga for all ages and sizes.
· Poses to help with relaxation, diet tips, and yoga props.
· The benefits and yoga exercises for chronic pain, arthritis, and flexibility.
· Yoga etiquette.
· How to determine the right class for you.
Each lesson will include a written and practice assignment that will directly apply what you have learned.
A brief 25 point quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by earning an overall grade of 70% or higher.
· Lesson 1: Unearthing Yoga's Roots
· Lesson 2: Yoga Mantra
· Lesson 3: Setting the Yoga Stage
· Lesson 4: Getting Started On The Yoga Track
· Lesson 5: Meditation and Yoga
· Lesson 6: Guided Imagery and Visualization and the Eight Limbs of Yoga
· Lesson 7: Yoga Is For Everyone
· Lesson 8: Ancient Self Improvement Works Even Today
· Lesson 9: Yoga Unites With Modern Medicine
· Lesson 10: Yoga Misconceptions
· Lesson 11: Setting Goals and Minding Your Yoga Manners
· Lesson 12: The Right Yoga Class For You
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1 Exam||14|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2 Exam||18|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3 Exam||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignments||1|
|Lesson 4 Exam||19|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5 Exam||17|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6 Exam||16|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7 Exam||19|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 8 Exam||17|
|Lesson 9 Exam||18|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10 Exam||19|
|Lesson 11 Exam||19|
|Lesson 12 Exam||17|
- Dispelling Yoga Myths
- Life Coaching Help: How to Effectively Communicate with Your Clients
- All About Economic Wellness
- Equipment, Space, Money Needed to Be a Personal Trainer
- Learning to Treat the Body as a Temple in Life Coach Preparation
- Making Sure to Hire the Right People when Starting a Personal Trainer Business
- Learning Key 6 - 10 in Affirmation Practice
- Career Coaching: Helping Clients Interview
- How to Support Dog Parents in Running a Dog DayCare Business
- The Role of Integrity and Responsibility in Life Coaching
- The Foundations for Understanding Healing Affirmations