Much more than just an isolated incident in the history of humankind, the developing political climate in Europe had been brewing for a very long period of time. Alliances were formed, wars were fought over disputed territories, and bitter rivalries were established. What resulted was an epic-scale struggle for the domination of a continent and, perhaps, the world itself. For the first time in the history of warfare, aerial combat was used extensively. The trench-style warfare, complete with artillery fire, barbed wire, and chemical weapons, was unlike any conflict ever seen before. The aftermath of this brutal war would resolve little and, ultimately, pave the way for establishment of Nazi Germany and the next World War.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define World War I terminology.
- Describe the path to world war.
- Summarize important events before the Great War.
- Describe 1914 and the beginning of the war.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--The Western Front.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--Eastern and Italian Fronts.
- Summarize the major battles of the Great War--Beyond Europe.
- Summarize aftermath of the war.
- Summarize notable figures of World War I.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||25 points|
|Franco-Prussian War||20 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||17 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||25 points|
|France and Germany Prior to WWI||25 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||15 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||25 points|
|The Ottoman Empire||20 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||16 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||25 points|
|America Prior to 1914||20 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||19 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||14 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||25 points|
|The Battle of Asiago||20 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||25 points|
|Third Battle of Gaza||20 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||20 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||25 points|
|Was it worth it?||25 points|
|The Russian Revolution||20 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||20 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||19 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||14 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||13 points|
|Could World War I have been avoided?||25 points|
|Final Exam||35 points|