The goal of this course is to provide you with comprehensive information on the topic of workplace violence and related topics. Our audience can be anyone interested in the topic or anyone who needs the information for professional, personal, or other reasons.
Workplace violence can be a major and growing concern for employees and employers. Here is some of what we will cover in this course.
- Definitions of workplace violence
- Facts about workplace violence and its impact on business
- Creating an effective workplace preparedness plan
- Avoidance strategies
- What kind of workplace culture breeds violence
- Prevention strategies
- Intervention strategies
- Early warning signs
- Background checks
- Training considerations
- Emergency codes and procedures
- Legal obligations
- Violence on a college campus
- Cyber threats
Unfortunately, workplace violence is a reality today. This course will give you information to help you minimize the chance of it happening at your workplace and also help you survive in the event you are involved in an incident of violence on the job. We cover what an employer can do to reduce workplace violence and what an employee can do. We also cover how no industry and no one person are immune. Workplace violence can happen to anyone in any industry.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Summarize the facts and statistics about workplace violence.
- Describe creating an effective workplace preparedness plan.
- Describe culture and workplace violence.
- Summarize prevention and intervention strategies.
- Describe defense of self and others.
- Summarize environmental factors and emergency codes.
- Summarize violence on college campuses.
- Summarize readiness and response overview.
- Summarize legal obligations and emerging concerns.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Course Introduction and Goals||1 points|
|Exam 1||50 points|
|Exam 2||50 points|
|Exam 3||50 points|
|Exam 4||50 points|
|Exam 5||50 points|
|Exam 6||50 points|
|Exam 7||50 points|
|Exam 8||50 points|
|Exam 9||50 points|
|Exam 10||50 points|
|Exam 11||50 points|
|Exam 12||50 points|
|Exam 13||50 points|
|Exam 14||50 points|
|Exam 15||50 points|
|Final Exam||350 points|