Windows 10 is the latest version of the Windows operating system released by Microsoft on June 29, 2015. It follows Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, which introduced some of the biggest changes to the operating system since the first release in 1985. Windows 10 seems to blend what users loved about Windows 7 with the best features of Windows 8.1 to create a modern operating system that is productive and efficient.
The purpose of this course is to teach all students how to navigate the Windows 10 interface, as well as use its features and apps, regardless of whether or not you are currently using the operating system.
Students will learn how to:
· Navigate the Windows 10 user interface
· Create accounts in Windows
· Open apps and programs
· Work with tiles
· Use the Start button and Start menu
· Access and use the Action Center
· Work with apps and programs on the taskbar
· Customize settings in Windows 10, including backgrounds, screensavers, and more.
· Use the Settings app and the Control Panel
· Search using Cortana
· Use Windows 10 apps, including Mail, People, Calendar, Photos, Maps, and Weather
· Navigate and use the new web browser, Microsoft Edge
· Adjust accessibility settings for hearing and vision impaired users
· And much more
You do not need access to Windows 10 to successfully complete this course. However, since Windows 10 is free to download and install, it's recommended that any students install Windows 10 before beginning the course in order to gain hands-on experience as well as textbook knowledge.
There are no pre requisites. Anyone over the age of 13 is welcome to join this course. It is recommended though that individuals have some basic computer knowledge.
Students will learn how to:
- Navigate the Windows 10 user interface
- Create accounts in Windows
- Open apps and programs
- Work with tiles
- Use the Start button and Start menu
- Access and use the Action Center
- Work with apps and programs on the taskbar
- Customize settings in Windows 10, including backgrounds, screensavers, and more.
- Use the Settings app and the Control Panel
- Search using Cortana
- Use Windows 10 apps, including Mail, People, Calendar, Photos, Maps, and Weather
- Navigate and use the new web browser, Microsoft Edge
- Adjust accessibility settings for hearing and vision impaired users
- And much more
No additional course materials required to complete this course.
A brief 10 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 15 Exam||10|
- Applying Basic Character Formatting in Adobe InDesign
- MySQL Administration: Managing Users and Privileges
- Working in Your Workspace in Adobe Photoshop InDesign
- Components of Process in C# Programming: Threading
- Understanding the Basics SQL
- How to Manipulate The Page in jQuery
- Adobe After Effects: Animation Techniques
- Retrieving and Managing External Data in Excel 2019
- Performance Tuning and Configurations for your MySQL Server
- How to use the Proofing Tools in Word 2019