Strategic planning is vital for ensuring an organization still will be a leader in its field 20 years in the future. The plan is a tool leadership can use to judge an organization's health at that moment.
This course is a complete guide for writing and implementing a strategic plan for your organization. Lessons delve into why a plan is needed and explains the difference between a business plan, long-term planning, and a strategic plan. The course also explains how the plan will ensure an organization's success. It explains the importance of mandates – both formal and informal; how to write a mission and vision statement and why they are important for an organization; and it explains values and how they play a vital role in how decisions are made along with their guiding force within the institution.
We'll take a look at the issues surrounding the organizing of a plan and the types of questions that should be asked so leaders can truly learn an organization's strengths and weaknesses. The course shows how to strengthen weaknesses and also if a weakness is a bad thing or actually a good one for the organization. Risks are inherent in everyone's life and that includes doing business as an organization. The lessons teach leaders how to assess risks and prioritizing an organization's needs as the strategic plan is being constructed. A look is taken at prioritizing the tactics within the plan and the resources needed to make the plan a success.
Finally this course gives a complete outline of the main areas found within the plan and offers guidelines for all information contained under the main headings. It also gives guidance for creating ownership within the organization and how to communicate the plan. Guidance also is given for keeping the strategic plan updated and viable for years to come.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define and describe strategic planning.
- Summarize the process of analyzing the state of your organization.
- Clarify your organization mandates and mission.
- Assess the environment and identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Collect and analyzing the data - what are the issues.
- Summarize the mission, vision, and values.
- Formulate and plan immediate and long-term outcomes.
- Summarize and prioritize your needs and identify risks.
- Summarize howto prioritize tactics and resources.
- Describe processes for outlining, designing plan, including budgets.
- Define action guidelines.
- Document and communicate the plan.
- Update and revise the plan.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Exam 1||10 points|
|Exam 2||10 points|
|Exam 3||10 points|
|Exam 4||10 points|
|Exam 5||10 points|
|Exam 6||10 points|
|Exam 7||10 points|
|Exam 8||9 points|
|Exam 9||10 points|
|Exam 10||10 points|
|Exam 11||10 points|
|Exam 12||10 points|
|Exam 13||10 points|
|Exam 14||10 points|
|The Final Exam||70 points|