Course Syllabus: Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges
with CEU Certificate*
This course explains why people with disabilities deserve respect rather than pity in their quest for full engagement in school and post school life, why special education is mandated by policy and law to meet the education needs of students with disabilities, how its goals are affected by the nation's commitment to equalize educational opportunities for this group of learners, the revolutionary basis of these equal opportunity goals, why an equalized educational experience should empower students with disabilities to be self-determined at school and beyond, and how current practice falls far short of these equal rights expectations.
Complete all lessonsComplete all pollsComplete all quizzesPost comments about the Lessons in the associated Forums
All of the material needed to complete the course are provided in the 12 lessons.
- Self-Care Needs for a Single Parent
- The Physiology of Breathing
- Language and Literacy Development in Understanding Child Development
- Family Life With Autism
- Various Theories and Aspects of Positive Parenting
- The Basics of Body Language
- Examining Personality and Delusional Disorders
- Designing a Comprehensive Discipline Program
- Tips for Reading Body Language
- Implementing Choice Therapy in the Classroom Management