Course Syllabus: Sociology 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define sociology.
- Describe developing a sociological perspective, sociological research, and culture.
- Describe socialization and the life cycle.
- Describe social interaction.
- Describe groups and organizations.
- Describe governments, political power, and war.
- Describe urbanization and population.
- Describe deviance, crime, and social conformity.
- Describe stratification, class, and inequality.
- Describe gender, age, race, and ethnic inequality.
- Describe marriage and the family.
- Describe work and economic life.
- Describe mass media and education.
- Describe religion and education.
- Describe health and the environment.
- Describe social change and social movements, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||6|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||8|
|Current Discussions involving Cultural Issues||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||5|
|Opinion: Early Life Experience vs. Later Life Experiences||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||7|
|Examples of Governments and Political Structures||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||8|
|Barriers to Social Mobility||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Opinion: Types of Discrimination||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Opinion: Working Today||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||4|
|Religion vs. Spirituality||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||6|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||9|
- Understanding Economic Life in Sociological Terms
- A Sociological Perspective on Governments
- Defining Culture in Sociology
- The Study of Socialization and the Life Cycle
- Understanding Urban Sociology
- How to Cope with Stress in the Home
- Breathing Techniques During a Performance
- Understanding Organizational Behavior in I/O Psychology Studies
- The Effects Aromatherapy for Relaxation
- The Dynamics of Healthy Relationships
- Business Management Tools: Information Technology
- Relaxation Remedies: Drugs vs. Natural Techniques
- Importance of Teaching Active Listening to Children in Self-Esteem
- Implementing Choice Therapy in the Classroom Management
- The Road to Happiness Through Relaxation