Course Syllabus: Sociology 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define sociology.
- Describe developing a sociological perspective, sociological research, and culture.
- Describe socialization and the life cycle.
- Describe social interaction.
- Describe groups and organizations.
- Describe governments, political power, and war.
- Describe urbanization and population.
- Describe deviance, crime, and social conformity.
- Describe stratification, class, and inequality.
- Describe gender, age, race, and ethnic inequality.
- Describe marriage and the family.
- Describe work and economic life.
- Describe mass media and education.
- Describe religion and education.
- Describe health and the environment.
- Describe social change and social movements, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||6|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||8|
|Current Discussions involving Cultural Issues||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||5|
|Opinion: Early Life Experience vs. Later Life Experiences||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||7|
|Examples of Governments and Political Structures||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||8|
|Barriers to Social Mobility||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Opinion: Types of Discrimination||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Opinion: Working Today||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||4|
|Religion vs. Spirituality||Assignment||7|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||6|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||9|
- Understanding Race and Ethnic Inequality in Sociological Terms
- Understanding the Socialization Process
- Understanding Economic Life in Sociological Terms
- Understanding the Sociological Perspective
- Creating a Sociological Study
- The Define Phase in Six Sigma Projects
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Categorizing of Abnormal Psychology
- The Best Strategies to Resolve Your Personal Conflicts
- Becoming Assertive: Developing a Healthy Self-Esteem
- Understanding Conflict Types
- Dealing with Mental Health Issues in the Workplace
- Substitute Teaching Educational Requirements
- The Impact of Emotional Intelligence and Personal Relationships
- How to Achieve Healthy and Positive Assertiveness in the Workplace