Course Syllabus: QuickBooks 101
with CEU Certificate*
QuickBooks 2017 is an accounting software program created for small businesses and self-employed professionals. The purpose of QuickBooks 2017 is to give businesses the power to do all of their own accounting, including invoicing, payroll, and paying bills, right from the convenience of their desktop computer.
This course was created for anyone who wants to learn QuickBooks 2017. Whether you signed up simply to learn what’s new in QuickBooks 2017 or are a complete newbie to the software does not matter. The course starts with the basics of the program, then advances to teach you how to set up your company in QuickBooks, then manage its income, bills, loans, and more.
You will learn how to:
· Navigate QuickBooks
· Get your business started in QuickBooks by creating a company file.
· Create all the accounts you need for your business in QuickBooks.
· Add customers, vendors, employees, and products to QuickBooks.
· Create and send invoices and sales receipts
· Enter and pay bills
· Track expenses and income
· Manage loans through QuickBooks
· Track your income, as well as your bills
· Connect to your bank through QuickBooks
· Create budgets and run reports
· And much more
You do not need access to QuickBooks 2017 to successfully complete this course; however, it is recommended so that you can better follow along and practice the skills you learn.
You should have a high school reading level and be competent in basic computer usage and terminology.
You should also have a working version of QuickBooks (desktop version) in order to complete the assignment activities.
You will learn how to:
- Navigate QuickBooks
- Get your business started in QuickBooks by creating a company file.
- Create all the accounts you need for your business in QuickBooks.
- Add customers, vendors, employees, and products to QuickBooks.
- Create and send invoices and sales receipts
- Enter and pay bills
- Track expenses and income
- Manage loans through QuickBooks
- Track your income, as well as your bills
- Connect to your bank through QuickBooks
- Create budgets and run reports
- And much more
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required. In order to do the suggested activities, you'll need access to a working copy of QuickBooks desktop.
Several lessons will be accompanied by an activity assignment (which you can do if you have QB) and a review exam. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 16 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 17 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 18 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 19 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 20 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 21 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 22 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 23 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 24 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 25 Assignment||1|
|The Final Exam||285|
- Getting Around QuickBooks 2015
- Managing Bank Accounts and Credit Cards in QuickBooks 2015
- The Role of Sales Tax in QuickBooks 2015
- Working with Bills, Deposits, and Credits in QuickBooks 2015
- Managing Loans in QuickBooks 2015
- Using the What-If Analysis in Excel 2019
- All About Printing and Exporting Reports in Access 2016
- How to Use the Analysis ToolPak in Excel 2019
- Editing and Referencing Cells and Worksheets in Excel 2019
- An Organization's Financial Reporting Structure Found in Financial Statements
- How to Use Conditional Formatting in Excel 2019
- Boosting Your Credit Score Strategies for Debt Reduction
- How to Use the What-if Analysis Advanced Features in Excel 2019
- How to Create Data Lists in Excel 2019
- What Are the Most Popular Data Functions in Excel 2019?