Course Syllabus: Microsoft Project 2016
with CEU Certificate*
Microsoft Project 2016 is a project management software program created for businesses and freelance professionals to help better manage individual projects that occur within companies. Although no project management software should be used to replace project management techniques or adequate training of management and staff, Project 2016 can and will improve the efficiency, organization, and sometimes even the speed of which a project is completed.
This course was designed to teach you how to successfully use MS Project 2016, no matter if you've ever used the program before or not. Both the beginner and seasoned Project user can benefit from this course, starting with the basics of the program including navigation and continuing on to more advanced features.
You will learn how to:
· Plan for a project
· Use templates to create projects in Project 2016
· Create, manage, schedule, and track tasks
· Create, manage, assign, and track resources
· Work with deadlines and constraints
· Troubleshoot problems, delays, and conflicts
· Use dependencies to help schedule tasks
· Work with lag time and lead time when dealing with tasks
· Create baselines and interim plans
· Run reports
· Print reports and project information
· And more
You do not need to have access to Project 2016 to take or successfully complete this course. However, it is recommended. A 60 day free trial for Project 2016 is available on the Microsoft website.
You should have a high school reading level and be competent in basic computer usage and terminology.
You will learn how to:
- Plan for a project
- Use templates to create projects in Project 2016
- Create, manage, schedule, and track tasks
- Create, manage, assign, and track resources
- Work with deadlines and constraints
- Troubleshoot problems, delays, and conflicts
- Use dependencies to help schedule tasks
- Work with lag time and lead time when dealing with tasks
- Create baselines and interim plans
- Run reports
- Print reports and project information
- And more
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. You should have a working version of Microsoft Project 2016 installed on your computer so you can do the assignment activities.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz along with an assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or higher overall grade.
|The Final Exam||84|
- How to Enter and Schedule Tasks in Microsoft Project 2016
- How to Track Work in Microsoft Project 2016
- The Application of Baselines in Microsoft Projects 2016
- An Introduction to Starting with Project 2016
- How to Adjust Time Constraint for Your Project Using Microsoft Project 2016
- Preparing for Life After a Personal Assistant Career and Other Resources
- How to Perform a Cost Analysis
- How to Outline and Organize Your Award Winning Speech
- Creating a Unique and Personal Brand
- Operating and Defining Financial Leverage and Financial Analysis
- CSS Explained in Layman's Terms
- Understanding and Preventing Workplace Aggression
- Examples Using jQuery Language
- The Process of Embarking on a Personal Assistant Career Path