Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, making a will, buying a car, getting health insurance, applying for a credit card or hiring a lawyer then understanding the terminology of the contracts, forms and systems is vital for a successful outcome.
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to quickly and easily learn common legal terms. Each of the self-paced lessons includes sound files so you can hear the pronunciation immediately.
Whether you're a homemaker or a student or looking for work in the legal or business world this course will help you learn a new language the 'legal language'.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe the American legal system.
- Define terms dealing with the litigation process.
- Define terms dealing with civil actions.
- Define terms dealing with criminal law.
- Define terms dealing with contract law and lease terminology.
- Define terms dealing with wills and estates.
- Define terms dealing with family law/domestic relations.
- Define terms dealing with bankruptcy.
- Define terms dealing with tort law.
- Define terms dealing with property law.
- Define terms dealing with partnerships and corporations.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduction Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||10 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||15 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||10 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||10 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 7: Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||10 points|
|Lesson 8: Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||10 points|
|Lesson 9: Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 10: Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||5 points|
|Lesson 11: Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 12: Exam||8 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||10 points|
|Final Assignment||5 points|
|Lesson 13: Exam||10 points|
|The Final Exam||98 points|