Legal Terminology 101
with CEU Certificate*
Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, making a will, buying a car, getting health insurance, applying for a credit card or hiring a lawyer then understanding the terminology of the contracts, forms and systems is vital for a successful outcome.
Whether you're a homemaker or a student or looking for work in the legal or business world this course will help you learn a new language the 'legal language'.
- Review the American Legal System
- Learn terms used in litigation
- Learn terms most commonly associated with Civil cases
- Learn terms commonly used during the course of a Criminal trial.
- Learn terms associated with contract law and leases.
- Learn terms associated with wills and estates
- Learn terms presented in this lesson will help you to make better sense of the complexities of relationships.
- Learn the two types of bankruptcy available to individuals as well as the terminology commonly associated with this process.
- Learn the terms used in a personal injury -- or tort -- cases.
- Learn the terms you will likely encounter during the home buying process.
- Learn the general terminology governing partnerships and their operation.
- Learn the terms commonly associated with the incorporating process.
Lesson 1: The American Legal System
Lesson 2: The Litigation Process
Lesson 3: Civil Actions
Lesson 4: Criminal Law
Lesson 5: Contract Law and Lease Terminology
Lesson 6: Wills and Estates
Lesson 7: -- Family Law/Domestic Relations
Lesson 8: -- Bankruptcy
Lesson 9: -- Tort Law
Lesson 10: -- Property Law
Lesson 11: -- Partnerships
Lesson 12: -- Corporations
|Lesson 2 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||15|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||15|
|Lesson 4 Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8: Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9: Exam||10|
|Lesson 10: Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||5|
|Lesson 11: Exam||9|
|Lesson 12: Exam||8|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13: Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||98|
- Retail Management: Structure of Your Business
- Communication Alternatives in Conflict Resolution
- How to Write an Effective and Persuasive Speech
- Negotiating Mistakes
- Strategies for Confronting Your Fears when Speaking
- The Diverse Workload of an Administrative Assistant
- The Impact of a Conflict
- Negotiating with Another Culture
- Types of Technical Writing Projects
- How to Build a Credit Identity for a Business