Online Class: Landscaping 101
with CEU Certificate*
The course is open to everyone who has an interest in landscaping. There are no required books. All material will be given online and through netlinks. You'll need a high school reading level though.
- The tools and planning needed to create your landscape.
- The process of assessing your landscaping needs and finding the best solutions.
- Avoiding problems and mistakes while planning your landscape.
- Getting started and a basic three year plan for developing your landscape.
- How to draw up a base plan and landscape plan.
- An estimate of how much plants, decorative designs, and soil will cost.
- Ideas on how to dress and light up your outdoor living space.
- Dealing with porches and hideaways.
- Choosing the right garden ornaments.
- The properties of soil including pH balance and acidity levels.
All the course material required to complete this course is included.
Each lesson will include a practice assignment and lesson review quiz that will directly apply what you have learned.
Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
- Lesson 1: Introduction and the Importance of Dirt
- Lesson 2: Assessing Your Landscaping Needs
- Lesson 3: Mistakes and Planning
- Lesson 4: Starting and a Three Year Plan
- Lesson 5: Planning Specifics
- Lesson 6: Estimation the Costs
- Lesson 7: Design for Outdoor Living
- Lesson 8: Outdoor Rooms
- Lesson 9: How to Select the Right Plants and Things
- Lesson 10: Soil and Other Preparations
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||19|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 2 Exam||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||16|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 5 Exam||15|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 6 Exam||15|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 7 Exam||14|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 8 Exam||14|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 9 Exam||15|
|Lesson 10 Exam||16|
- Best Nutritional Habits for Weight Training
- Preparations for Baking Cookies
- Understanding the Role of Interior Design
- The Importance of Hand Washing in Kitchen Sanitation
- How to Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Licensing and Certification Requirements Needed as an Interior Designer
- Timelines and Turn-Offs for Home Staging for Sale
- How to Make French Macarons
- The Basics of Gardening
- How to Identify Birds