Terrorism, is it the scourge of our time? Are you fearful of being involved in a terrorist attack? Quite frankly it almost depends on where in the world you live. It is often because a safe place today is a terror target tomorrow. With the desire on the part of the terrorists to obtain weapons of mass destruction, i.e. chemical, biological, or even a dirty bomb or nuclear bomb, the potential for a massive destructive attack increases exponentially.
This course looks at the recent history of terrorism from the early twentieth century to today. You will learn:
- The extent to which terrorism has become a part of life in the twenty-first century.
- Why there is not a generally accepted definition of terrorism.
- Acts of terrorism in the old world, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the new world.
- Who in the world is acting to fight terrorism, or acting to support terrorism.
- What the world is doing to combat terrorism.
- The known terrorist groups and what are their goals.
- The momentous influence that religion plays in terrorism
- The continuous problems with political and military tactics in defeating terrorism.
If you're pursuing any career involving the field of political science or criminology, or if you are interested in understanding the reasons for terrorist acts, or want to know what the prospects are for the future of terrorism, this course will provide lots of disquieting but interesting information.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define terrorism.
- Summarize terrorism in the Old World.
- Summarize terrorism in the Middle East.
- Summarize terrorism in Africa.
- Summarize terrorism in East Asia.
- Summarize terrorism in the New World.
- Describe the politics of terrorism.
- Summarize terrorism and religion.
- Summarize techniques for combating terrorism.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|The Definition of Terrorism||25 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||13 points|
|Terrorism in Our History||25 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||11 points|
|Terrorism in England||25 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||18 points|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part 2||25 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||15 points|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part Three||25 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||18 points|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part 4||25 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||17 points|
|Terrorism in the Middle East - Part 1||25 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||18 points|
|Terrorism in the Middle East - Part 2||25 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||20 points|
|Terrorism in Africa||25 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||20 points|
|Terrorism in Africa - Part 2||25 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||19 points|
|Terrorism in East Asia||25 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||19 points|
|Terrorism in East Asia Part Two||25 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||19 points|
|Terrorism in Asia Part Three||25 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||19 points|
|Terrorism in Asia Part Four||25 points|
|Lesson 14 Exam||20 points|
|Terrorism in the New World - Part One||25 points|
|Lesson 15 Exam||18 points|
|Terrorism in the New World - Part Two||25 points|
|Lesson 16 Exam||19 points|
|The U.S. Response to Terrorism||25 points|
|Lesson 17 Exam||19 points|
|Understanding Terrorist Groups||25 points|
|Lesson 18 Exam||18 points|
|Suicide Bombings||25 points|
|IRA Bombings in London and Belfast||40 points|
|Lesson 19 Exam||19 points|
|Putting an End to Terrorism||25 points|
|Lesson 20 Exam||19 points|