Course Syllabus: All About Herbs
with CEU Certificate*
Herbs are used for both culinary and medicinal purposes--and sometimes even spiritual ones. All About Herbs will cover all the basics so that you are ready to explore all of Herbs many uses.
Not only will you know the history and definitions, but you will also be able to:
- List several benefits of cooking with herbs and have a basic understanding of how to prepare herbs and incorporate them into your favorite foods.
- Grasp the main traditions in herbal medicine.
- Understand the benefits of growing herbs at home and how to plan your first herb garden.
- Know how to select the right herbs, the best containers, the ideal fertilizer and the best amount of water to help your container herb garden thrive.
- Know when to harvest your herbs and how to dry them for storage so you can enjoy home-grown herbs all year long.
-How to start a heart-healthy, cold and flu prevention garden using basil, cayenne and garlic.
- How aloe vera and peppermint make wonderful additions to both your herb garden and your medicine cabinet.
- Know the beauty of rosemary, fennel and lavender and how to grow them yourself.
- Understand how these ingredients can add a lovely scent to your garden and delicate ingredients to make your own cosmetic treatments.
-Know about another facet of herbal medicine, aromatherapy, which is based on the power of herbs' fragrances and helps treat both mood and health issues.
- Lesson 1: The History of Herbs
- Lesson 2: Culinary Herbs
- Lesson 3: Medicinal Herbs
- Lesson 4: Growing Your Own Herbs
- Lesson 5: Container Gardening
- Lesson 6: Harvesting & Drying Herbs
- Lesson 7: Heart Healthy & Cold & Flu Garden
- Lesson 8: First Aid Garden
- Lesson 9: Cosmetics Garden
- Lesson 10: Aromatherapy
- Lesson 11: Making Herbal Preparations
|Lesson 1: Define Herbs||25|
|Lesson 1 : The History of Herbs||9|
|Lesson 2: Herbs in Food Preparation||25|
|Lesson 2 : Culinary Herbs||8|
|Lesson 3: Traditions in Herbs||25|
|Lesson 3 : Medicinal Herbs||10|
|Lesson 4: Benefits of Herb Gardening||20|
|Lesson 4: Growing Your Own Herbs||9|
|Lesson 5: Benefits of Container Gardening||20|
|Lesson 5: Container Gardening||10|
|Lesson 6: Consideration for Harvesting and Drying Herbs||20|
|Lesson 6: Harvesting & Drying Herbs||10|
|Lesson 7: Uses and the Medicinal Values of Herbs||20|
|Lesson 7: Heart Healthy & Cold & Flu Garden||9|
|Lesson 8: Uses of Aloe Vera and Peppermint||20|
|Lesson 8: First Aid Garden||10|
|Lesson 9: Uses of Rosemary, Fennel and Lavender||25|
|Lesson 9: Cosmetics Garden||9|
|Lesson 10: Treatment in Aromatherapy||20|
|Lesson 10: Aromatherapy||10|
|Lesson 11: Simple Infused Oil Recipe||25|
|Lesson 11: Making Herbal Preparations||10|
|The Final Exam||53|
- A Look at the History of Herbs
- Relaxation Techniques: How To Meditate While Moving
- The Awesome Responsibilities of a Life Coach
- The Process of Setting goals to Become a Personal Trainer
- Relaxation and The Practice of Ayurveda
- Dispelling Yoga Myths
- How to Recognize and Encourage Success as a Life Coach
- Understanding Plant Propagation in Gardening
- Effectively Mastering Affirmations for Healing
- Dealing with Procrastination as a Life Coach
- Learning The 10 Keys to Wellness in Affirmation Practice