Whether you are in a new or long term romantic relationship, a busy student working with other colleagues, parents struggling to form a connection with your children, or a business person needing to form a relationship of trust with the employer--relationships form the foundation of our lives. Getting along with all these people and creating a positive relationship can be one of life's more difficult challenges.
To have a good relationship or to improve an existing one requires us to use tools and skills that enable us to understand communication styles and perspectives.
In this course you will learn about these skills and gain insight into why people misunderstand us or respond the way they do. We will also examine belief systems and their effect on relationships, as well as discuss unhealthy relationships, what to avoid, relationship games and traps that frequently occur, how a life script is developed and plays a role in forming long lasting relationships, the study of transactional analysis and other skills we can develop to help create more positive relationships.
If you think people are impossible to understand, you may change your mind after working through this course. This study of relationships gives you the knowledge to improve all relationships in your life both--personal and professional.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define and identify what healthy relationships actually are.
- Define and identify what unhealthy relationships are.
- Describe what affects our relationships.
- Determine what makes a relationship dysfunctional and the types of games we play and why.
- Life Scripts
- Describe methods for identifying and overcoming communication barriers.
- Summarize methods for creating healthy relationships with children.
- Summarize techniques for dealing with difficult people.
- Describe methods for dealing with people who will not change and figuring out how to accept people for who they are.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2 points|
|Lesson 1: Why Can't We Just Get Along?||20 points|
|Lesson 2 : What are Healthy Relationships?||5 points|
|Lesson 3 : Unhealthy Relationships||5 points|
|Lesson 4 : What affects our relationships?||4 points|
|Lesson 5 : The roadmap to understanding the madness.||5 points|
|Lesson 6 : The Games People Play||5 points|
|Lesson 7 : Life Scripts||5 points|
|Lesson 8 : We don't speak the same language||5 points|
|Lesson 9 : Creating Healthy Relationships with Children||5 points|
|Lesson 10 : Dealing with difficult people||5 points|
|Lesson 11 : I need to fix you||4 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||2 points|
|Final Review||66 points|