Course Syllabus: Lawful Employee Termination
with CEU Certificate*
There are many things that could alter the course of one's career: promotions, personal events, economic disasters, etc. Many choose to take the good and the bad without question, learning from their mistakes and making the best out of what they get. However, there are somethings that can happen that you just don't want to ignore or brush off. Unlawful employee termination, for one, isn't something that should be left alone. Employees expect a good and just reason for being fired. Most employers try to meet that expectation willingly. Unfortunately, a good and just reason isn't always present and some employers are just not a great as you want them to be.
This course will explore everything a person may need to know to identify and remedy an unlawful employee termination, regardless of the role they play in the situation. Some of the topics this course will touch on will include:
· Illegal and Legal Reasons for Termination--What is considered an acceptable reason for firing someone? What isn't, and why? Some of the more common reasons for both cases that can contribute to a person's employment being terminated, and how to identify them.
· Taking Action Against Unlawful Termination--What can be done to fix the situation if you've been illegally fired? What can you do to stop it from happening again? A discussion of what options are available to those who have been unlawfully terminated and the prevention measures businesses can take.
· Dealing With The Aftermath--How do you return things to normal? This will look at what both employees and employers can do to deal with the effects of an unlawful termination and how they can move on.
Bad things can happen to good people, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing to be done about it. This course is designed to offer help to anyone who wants to remedy one of those things, unlawful employee termination, and provide them with the resources to make things right. Are YOU ready to make a difference?
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required
Lesson One - Lawful Employee Termination
Lesson Two - The Termination Process
Lesson Three - Due Process
Lesson Four - Employment Laws
Lesson Five - Employment Types And Circumstances
Lesson Six - Determining Legality
Lesson Seven - Common Illegal Reasons For Unlawful Employee Termination
Lesson Eight - Special Circumstances
Lesson Nine - The Consequences of Unlawful Termination
Lesson Ten - Contesting Termination
Lesson Eleven - The Aftermath For Employees
Lesson Twelve - The Aftermath For Employers
Lesson Thirteen - Means of Preventing Unlawful Termination
Lesson Fourteen -A Termination Checklist
Lesson Fifteen - Additional Information Of Note
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 8 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 9 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 10 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 12 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 13 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 14 Quiz||10|
|Lesson 15 Quiz||10|
|The Final Exam||70|
- Additional Information to Know about Lawful Employment Termination
- The Fundamentals of Lawful Employee Termination
- The Influence of Employment Types in Legal Termination
- The Process of Lawful Employee Termination
- Coming To Terms With The Outcome Of Legal Action in Employee Termination
- The Essentials of Capital Budgeting in Financial Analysis
- The Importance of Education and Training in Building A Psychologically Healthy Workforce
- Tips for Being More Mindful in the Workplace in Order to Increase Productivity
- How to Receive Constructive Feedback from Someone You Don't Respect
- Understanding Conflict Types
- HR Policies: Compensation and Benefits
- The Value of Employee Recognition in Forming a Psychologically Healthy Workforce
- Situations of Emergency Response
- The Impact of a Conflict
- Examining the Use of Technology In Procurement Management