with CEU Certificate
|Course Meeting Times:||Continuous|
This research based introductory course will provide comprehensive information on Emotional and Behavioral disorders. Course material will provide you with information on: definitions, characteristics, prevalence, causes, assessment, education service placements, functional behavior assessment, ABA and Positive Behavior Supports, advocacy, and current issues in the field.
Course Goals and Objectives
-learn the definitions of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
-learn the characteristics of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- learn the education service placements
-learn about functional behavior assessment
-learn about ABA and Positive Behavior Supports
-learn about advocacy, and current issues in the field.
Lesson 1: Definition of Emotional Disturbance and Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 2: Characteristics of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 3: Prevalence of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 4: Causes of Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 5: Assessment And Diagnosis
Lesson 6: Educational Placements and Services
Lesson 7: Functional Behavioral Assessment
Lesson 8: Applied Behavior Analysis and Positive Behavior Supports
Lesson 9: Advocacy for Students with Emotional Disturbance and Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 10: Collection of Current Event Articles and Issues in the Field
- Define emotional disturbances and behavioral disorders.
- Describe characteristics of emotional Disturbance/behavioral disorders
- Describe the prevalence of emotional disturbance/behavioral disorders.
- Describe causes of emotional disturbance/behavioral disorders.
- Describe assessment and diagnosis.
- Describe educational placements and services.
- Describe functional behavioral assessment.
- Describe applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports.
- Describe advocacy for students with emotional disturbance and behavioral disorders, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Early Childhood Development 101$70.000.8 CEUs
- Behavior Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Problem Solving Strategies$60.000.6 CEUs
- Building Self-Esteem in Children$60.001.0 CEUs
- Autism 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Reading Comprehension 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know$80.001.0 CEUs
- Personality Development$60.001.4 CEUs
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD$60.001.0 CEUs
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher$80.001.0 CEUs
- First Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Second Grade Curriculum$65.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Parenting 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders$80.000.9 CEUs
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers$80.000.9 CEUs
- How to Teach Reading Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers$85.001.0 CEUs
- Child Psychology 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges$70.003.0 CEUs
- Special Education: Foundations, Behavior, Curriculum, Instruction, and Evaluation$110.003.0 CEUs
- Special Ed: Effective and Significant Approaches$55.000.9 CEUs