Course Syllabus: Business Management
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions needed to run a business.
- Describe financial management systems within a business.
- Describe personnel management within a business.
- Summarize sales management within a business.
- Describe common marketing practices within a business.
- Describe the accounting principles of a business.
- Describe inventory control, fulfillment, taxes, and organization of a business.
- Describe the critical role of Information Technology in a business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Basics of Business Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : Business Basics||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Financing and Significance of Business Planning||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : Financial Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3: Regulations and Legal Obligations for a Business Firm.||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : Legal / Regulatory Compliance||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4: Basics of Human Resources Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Personnel Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5: Overview of Sales Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Sales Management||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Marketing a Product||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Marketing Practices||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7: Accounting or Record Keeping||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Accounting Principles||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Role of Inventory Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : Inventory Control||Exam||5|
|Lesson 9: Taxes and Organizational Structure||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business Organization||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10: Filling an Order||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Fulfillment||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Role of IT in Management||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Information Technology||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||52|
- Business Management Tools: Accounting Principles and Inventory Control
- Business Commerce: Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Business Survival Tools: Understanding Financial Management
- An Overview of Dealing with Business Taxes
- Business Management Tools: Information Technology
- Crafting and Structuring the News Story in Journalism
- The Role of Conflict Resolution in Being Assertive
- A Beginner's Guide to Internet Marketing
- Assertiveness Training Requires Effective Communication
- The Principles of Business Writing
- How to Market Your Small Business Nationally
- Ethics and Journalism
- How to Make Your Policy Manual Look Good
- How to Highlight the Important Skills Section of Your Resume that Gets Noticed by Employers
- Internet Marketing Tools: AdWords, Search Engine Advertising & Instant Online Marketing Success