We begin by examining the various disciplines and levels in business management and give you hints on how to get a management job in your company. In lesson 2 we cover areas of financial management such as types of capital, debt and equity financing alternatives, a business plan and a budget. Lesson 3 deals with legal and regulatory compliance issues. Human resources and personnel issues are discussed in Lesson 4.
Sales management fundamentals – the sales cycle, customer relationships and pricing – make up lesson 5. We examine the marketing functions (lesson 6) right after sales functions because the two disciplines work hand-in-hand to drive business. Lesson 7 covers some key accounting principles and practices. Inventory control techniques make up Lesson 8, focusing on the role of inventory control, the processes involved and control mechanisms used.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe the basic functions needed to run a business.
- Describe financial management systems within a business.
- Describe personnel management within a business.
- Summarize sales management within a business.
- Describe common marketing practices within a business.
- Describe the accounting principles of a business.
- Describe inventory control, fulfillment, taxes, and organization of a business.
- Describe the critical role of Information Technology in a business.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1: Basics of Business Management||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 : Business Basics||10 points|
|Lesson 2: Financing and Significance of Business Planning||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 : Financial Management||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 : Legal / Regulatory Compliance||9 points|
|Lesson 4: Basics of Human Resources Management||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Personnel Management||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 : Sales Management||10 points|
|Lesson 6: Marketing a Product||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 : Marketing Practices||9 points|
|Lesson 7: Accounting or Record Keeping||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 : Accounting Principles||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 : Inventory Control||5 points|
|Lesson 9: Taxes and Organizational Structure||5 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business Organization||9 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 : Fulfillment||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 : Information Technology||9 points|
|The Final Exam||52 points|