Cookies may be an iconic dessert but many people have lost touch with the art of making them. In this course, you will learn how to recapture the spirit of the perfect cookie, how to make them from scratch, and how to share them with family and friends for years to come. You will learn how to pick the right utensils for the task, how to choose your ingredients, how to ensure the desired outcome, and how to perfect a few little twists on classic favorites. You will learn the differences in the chocolates used for cookies and how to work with them. You will learn how to work with different kinds of nuts, and how to pick the right healthy substitutions for any cookie. You will learn the art of the French macaron and how to decorate holiday favorites.
This course is complete with the support of a few wonderfully delicious recipes to impress any guest. Let's get baking!
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe instruments, utensils, and preparation needing for baking cookies.
- Summarize methods for selecting the best ingredients.
- Summarize working with chocolate, nuts, glazes and frostings.
- Describe ways to decorate your cookies.
- Demonstrate creating sandwich cookies and cookie cakes.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 6 Suggested Assignment Activity||1 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||1 points|
|Lesson 9 Suggested Assignment - Almond Macarons||1 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1 points|
|The Final Assignment||1 points|