The course also teaches how knowledge and good planning can make you a successful babysitter and discusses all aspects of safety not only for the children but also for yourself.
Babysitters need a lot of knowledge on caring for babies and children before they jump into babysitting. Use this course as a stepping stone into your career and then enhance your knowledge by taking a First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course offered by the Red Cross.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe the basic functions of a babysitter.
- Summarize the babysitting plan.
- Demonstrate how to conduct an interview.
- Describe the processes involved in becoming a babysitter.
- Summarize the appropriate activities a babysitter should utilize.
- Summarize indoor and outdoor safety and security
- Summarize the proper methods and procedures for feeding kids.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Thinking and Planning||2 points|
|Lesson 1 Quiz: Babysitting Basics||14 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Getting Started||2 points|
|Lesson 2 Quiz: A Babysitters Plan||14 points|
|Lesson 3 Quiz: The Interview||14 points|
|Lesson 4 Quiz: Becoming the Babysitter||13 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Handing Discipline||2 points|
|Lesson 5 Quiz: Activities and Discipline||15 points|
|Lesson 6 Quiz: Indoor Safety and Security||15 points|
|Lesson 7 Quiz: Outdoor Safety and Security||15 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Feeding Toddlers||2 points|
|Lesson 8 Quiz: Caring for Kids- Feeding||15 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Bed Time||2 points|
|Lesson 9 Quiz: Caring for Kids - Bath and Nap Time||15 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: The Whole Picture||2 points|
|Lesson 10 Quiz: Special Circumstances||15 points|
|The Final Exam||25 points|