Addiction to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco is an extremely common issue throughout the world. While there is treatment for these addictions, they are still poorly understood and there are many myths and misconceptions about the problem.
This course discusses addiction to drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. It discusses the impact of these addictions on the body and mind, and looks at the various treatment modalities used to manage these conditions. The ways in which treatment can be effective in treating these types of addictions are also discussed in this course.
There are also many resources for people who are addicted to the above substances. This is also discussed in the course. After taking the course, you will have a better understanding of addiction and the underlying mechanisms of why this problem occurs. There are some people more prone to addiction by virtue of having a family history of addiction, being around people using drugs and alcohol, and having a personality that promotes addiction.
At the end of the course, you will find that there are resources for all types of addiction. Links to these resources are provided so that the addict and their family can find help in order to treat this difficult social, medical, and psychological problem.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define what constitutes an addiction.
- Determine whether or not you are an addict.
- Summarize health risks in addiction.
- Describe advantages to quitting your addiction.
- Define your personalized recovery plan.
- Summarize the myth about recovery and addiction.
- Define methods you can use to set yourself up to succeed and commit to change.
- Describe being mindful by conquering your emotions.
- Summarize methods you can use to avoid relapse.
- Identify ways to get support.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduce Yourself||2 points|
|Exam 1||50 points|
|Exam 2||50 points|
|Exam 3||50 points|
|Exam 4||50 points|
|Exam 5||45 points|
|Exam 6||50 points|
|Exam 7||50 points|
|Exam 8||50 points|
|Exam 9||50 points|
|Exam 10||50 points|
|Exam 11||50 points|
|The Final Exam||240 points|