with CEU Certificate
|Course Meeting Times:||Continuous|
Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will be helpful to you. Access makes it easy to keep track, organize, and sort your data. It can be the back-end of a business, keeping your records for you.
It is this course's purpose to teach you the important features of Access 2010 and how to use them. This course was designed for beginners so that even if you've never so much as opened the program before, you can learn how to use it. Once we cover the basics, we'll move on to advanced features. If you've used Access before, perhaps prior versions, the first few lessons will be a refresher and introduce you to some of the updates you'll encounter in the newest version of Microsoft Access.
· All about databases and how they work
· An understanding of how Access works to make even its complex inner workings seem simple
· How to navigate Access
· How to create tables, forms, reports, and queries
· How to enter criteria into your data
· How to form expressions and create functions
· How to customize the appearance of forms and reports
· How to use Access for home-record keeping or for a business
And much, much more
If you're not familiar with Access 2010, it can be overwhelming. The program is large and navigating it without any help or experience can seem impossible. This course takes its time and shows you around Access. We'll break everything down into small chunks so that Access 2010 is just as easy for the beginner to use as it is someone who's been using it for years. And if you've used Access before, don't worry. We have plenty of updates to show you – and a few more things to teach you as well.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have the following:
- Microsoft Access 2010 (recommended)
- a high school reading level.
No books will be required.
"font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">You should have a working version of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 in order to complete the assignment activities. If you do not have Microsoft Office Professional installed or have access to it you can get a 60 day trial version which you can download here:
Lesson 1: Microsoft Access 2010 Introduction
Lesson 2: Access 2010 Requirements and Setup
Lesson 3: About Databases and Normalization
Lesson 4: Access 2010 Database Objects
Lesson 5: Navigating MS Access 2010
Lesson 6: Creating a Database and Adding Tables
Lesson 7: Object Views
Lesson 8: Creating Simple Forms
Lesson 9: Introduction to Controls and Formatting Forms
Lesson 10: Queries
Lesson 11: Using Criteria, Operators, and Wildcards
Lesson 12: Parameter Queries
Lesson 13: Relationships and Joins
Lesson 14: Creating Calculated Expressions
Lesson 15: Summarizing Data
Lesson 16: PivotTables
Lesson 17: PivotCharts
Lesson 18: Reports
Lesson 19: Designing Your Report
Lesson 20: Advanced Formatting for Reports
Lesson 21: Macros
Lesson 22: Printing and Exporting Reports
Lesson 23: Importing and Exporting Data
- Define what MS Access is and why it is useful
- Describe about databases and normalization.
- Summarize database objects.
- Demonstrate navigatipm
- Demonstrate creating a database and adding tables.
- Summarize object views.
- Demonstrate creating simple forms.
- Summarize controls and formatting forms.
- Demonstrate query usage and using criteria, operators, and wildcards.
- Demonstrate parameter queries.
- Demonstrate relationships and joins.
- Demonstrate creating calculated expressions.
- Describe summarizing data.
- Demonstrate pivot tables usage
- Demonstrate designing, creating and printing reports.
- Determine macro usage.
- Summarize importing and exporting data, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Access 2013$75.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs