with CEU Certificate
This Instructional Course on How to Speak French (with audio clips) is a fast, fun, and manageable way to learn French in your own time. This guide starts at the beginning assuming you know nothing about French and walks you through, simple lesson by simple lesson, until you come out speaking about your daily routines, what you did yesterday, last year or in 1999, and what you are going to do tomorrow or in the year 2020. Along the way, you will find explanations, examples and activities that give you the building blocks to construct a base for the French language, often called the language of love.
This self-paced course is designed to give you the basics in grammar and vocabulary but always focusing on the verbal aspect that allows you to communicate as soon as possible. In order to get the most out of this guide, you must actively work with it, completing the exercises, working on the activities and having fun.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
IntroductionThis class describes how the lessons are organized and the icon used for the audio.
Lesson 2: The Alphabet and Pronunciation GuideThis lesson describes the alphabet and a basic pronunciation guide.
Lesson 3: Start Building Your VocabularyThis letter gives basic vocabulary words, time, counting and greetings.
Lesson 4: Talking About Daily Routines: Introduction To The Present TenseVerbs and personal pronouns.
Lesson 5: Irregular and Otherwise Tricky VerbsVerbs and their application.
Lesson 6: Improving Your VocabularyCommon phrases, family, singular-plural and parts of the body.
Lesson 7: Describing People, Places and ThingsThis lesson describes how to use adjectives.
Lesson 8: More VerbsThis lesson discusses talking about your likes and dislikes, your obligations and your capabilities.
Lesson 9: PrepositionsThis lesson teaches how to use prepositions in your sentences.
Lesson 10: Introduction To The Past TenseThis unit will explain and provide examples about using the various past tense verbs.
Lesson 11: Asking QuestionsThis lesson will explain how to ask questions.
Lesson 12: PronounsThis lesson discusses the different types of pronouns and how they are used.
Lesson 13: Introduction To The Future TenseThis lesson describes how to apply and use future tense in sentences.
Lesson 14: Cognates and False FriendsThis lesson describes words that sound or look the same in another language but could mean different things.
|Course Title:||French 101- How to Speak French (with Audio)|
|Languages:||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries|
|Course Type:||How To|
|Grading Policy:||Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
|Duration:||Continuous: Enroll anytime!|
|Requirements:||View Technical Requirements|
|Course Fee:||Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certification)|
|with CEU Certification: $65.00|
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
|CEU Value:||1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)|
|Standard:||Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard|
|CE Accreditation:||Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the alphabet and pronunciation guide.
- Build your vocabulary.
- Demonstrate talking about daily routines.
- Demonstrate irregular verb usage.
- Describe methods for improving your vocabulary.
- Demonstrate describing people, places and things.
- Demonstrate preposition usage.
- Demonstrate verb tense usage.
- Ask questions in French.
- Use pronouns in French.
- Use future tense in French, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Activity: Daily Schedule||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 4 Activity: French Pronoun Chart||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Activity: Match Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Activity: Translation||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Verbs||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Matching Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Activity: Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Vocabulary 1||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Vocabulary 2||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Activity: Plurals||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Activity: Adjectives||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Activity: Adjectives 2||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Activity: Expressions with faire||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Activity: Matching Phrases||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Activity: Prepositions||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Activity: Past Tense Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Activity: Imperfect Form Practice||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Activity: Question Forms||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Activity: Questions||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Activity: Indirect Object Pronouns||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Activity: Pronoun Exercise||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Activity: Correct Forms||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13 Activity: Future Tense Verb||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||6|
- Spanish for Travelers: A Beginner's Guide$60.001.3 CEUs
- Spanish 101 - How to Speak Spanish (with audio)$65.001.0 CEUs
- ESL Grammar Skills Level 1$55.001.0 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing$90.002.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Basic English Speaking Skills$65.001.0 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.001.0 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.7 CEUs
- Travel Agent 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Spelling 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Punctuation and Grammar 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar$65.001.0 CEUs
- ESL Basic Writing Skills$65.001.1 CEUs
- American Literature Review$60.000.7 CEUs