| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || | ¡Buen viaje! Enjoy your trip! The Essential Spanish for Travelers: a Beginner’s Guide (with audio clips) is a fast, fun, and manageable way to learn the Spanish you need to travel around the Spanish-speaking world. This course starts at the beginning assuming you know nothing about Spanish and takes you through, simple lesson by simple lesson, until you feel comfortable ordering food in Mexico, reserving a hotel room Costa Rica, asking for directions to the beach in southern Spain, and maybe even flirting in Argentina.
This course will teach you how to ask questions, understand the answers, talk about what you did yesterday and explain what you plan to do tomorrow. Along the way you will gain essential vocabulary and hear real conversations so you can travel con confianza (with confidence). Throughout your journey to learning Essential Traveler’s Spanish, you will find explanations, examples and activities that provide the building blocks to construct a base for the Spanish language. Watch for the side text boxes that provide insiteful clues and hints to assist you in your learning process. Eventually you will be able to speak and understand one of the world’s most important languages.
This Essential Spanish for Travelers: A Beginning Guide (with audio clips) is designed to give you the basics in grammar and vocabulary but always focusing on travel so that you can communicate on your journeys as soon as possible. All activities, examples and vocabulary lists are geared towards traveler’s needs. But be forewarned: merely reading through the course as if it were a novel will not help you reach the levels that are possible if you truly take advantage of the tool you are reading right now. In order to get the most out of this course, you must actively work with it, completing the exercises, working on the activities and having fun.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate reciting the Spanish alphabet and utilize pronunciation guide.
- Build a traveling vocabulary.
- Demonstrate describing routine activities.
- Demonstrate usage of irregular and otherwise tricky verbs in the present tense.
- Demonstrate describing people, places and things.
- Demonstrate talking about your tastes and interests and expressing opinions.
- Demonstrate asking questions.
- Demonstrate talking about the past.
- Demonstrate talking about the future, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: IntroductionThis introduction describes the icons used and the guide that will explain the best way to utilize this course.
Lesson 2: Lesson 2: The Alphabet and Pronunciation GuideThe Spanish alphabet and audio to help with pronunciation.
Lesson 3: Lesson 3: Start Building Your Basic Travel VocabularyThis lesson gives information on basic language skills such as greetings, counting, and telling time.
Lesson 4: Lesson 4: Describing Routine Activities: Introduction to the Present TenseThis lesson describes how to use verbs in the present tense, personal pronouns, and negating verbs.
Lesson 5: Lesson 5: Irregular and Otherwise Tricky Verbs in the Present TenseThis lesson discusses irregular verbs in the present tense.
Lesson 6: Lesson 6: Improving Your Travel Vocabulary Part 1This lesson gives basic and common terms that you will use while traveling.
Lesson 7: Lesson 7: Improving Your Travel Vocabulary Part 2Additional basic phrases and words used while traveling.
Lesson 8: Lesson 8: Describing People, Places and ThingsThis lesson describes the most common nouns and adjectives
Lesson 9: Lesson 9: Talking About Your Tastes and Interests and Expressing OpinionsThis lesson explains how to express your likes and dislikes.
Lesson 10: Lesson 10: Asking QuestionsThis lesson describes how to ask and answer questions.
Lesson 11: Lesson 11: Talking About the PastThis lesson discusses regular and irregular verbs and their tenses.
Lesson 12: Lesson 12: Talking About The FutureThis lesson discusses future tenses of verbs.
Lesson 13: Lesson 13: Cognates and False Friends For TravelersSome words that sound the same in one language don't always mean the same in another.
|Course Title ||: ||Spanish for Travelers: A Beginner's Guide |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||33891 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Spanish Studies
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures Most of us learned spelling and grammar in elementary school and brushed up on the rules occasionally in junior high or middle school. Once we entered high school, it was assumed we knew and remembered all of the essentials -- and slowly we discovered t...
- ABCs of English Grammar This self-paced online course will provide you with a review of the grammar and writing skills necessary when taking any high school or college test, or with your everyday work-related writing and correspondence. Divided up into 15 easy-to-understand le...
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing This ESL basic grammar and writing course will provide an introduction to the basics of American English grammar and writing. We'll be covering the following topics in detail: - review the basic English structure in the form of nouns, verbs, prepositi...
- Punctuation and Grammar 101 Do you need a refresher course in basic punctuation and grammar? Is your business writing, school writing or personal writing a disaster and you're tired of stressing over mistakes? Improper grammar and punctuation is a sign for some people, right or w...
- Spanish 101 - How to Speak Spanish (with audio) This Instructional Guide on How to Speak Spanish (includes audio) is a fast, fun, and manageable way to learn Spanish in your own time. This online course starts at the beginning assuming you know nothing about Spanish (but I promise you already do) and ...
- Spelling 101 Do you use your Spell Check on your computer obsessively? Are you afraid to write anything without a dictionary or computer spelling program? Are you receiving low grades on schoolwork because of poor spelling? Are your business emails filled with emba...
- ESL Basic Grammar Whether you are learning English as a second language or are a native speaker striving to improve your English and writing skills, understanding proper grammar rules and guidelines are the essential building blocks to creating clear and understandable t...
- French 101- How to Speak French (with Audio) This Instructional Course on How to Speak French (with audio clips) is a fast, fun, and manageable way to learn French in your own time. This guide starts at the beginning assuming you know nothing about French and walks you through, simple lesson by si...
- ESL Basic Writing Skills Communication is vital in today's society. It is not enough to merely be able to speak and understand spoken English. In the United States, writing English is often a necessary skill in many job industries and fields. In order to develop practical writin...
- Basic Research Skills Basic Research Skills teaches you how to determine what you need to know when you need to know it. With all of the information readily available today, it's difficult to deciper good information from bad information. Instead of turning to an Internet se...
- Travel Agent 101 Anyone interested in beginning a profession as a travel agent should first determine the type of skills, training and certification necessary to provide travel services for clients--whether you work at an established travel agency, as an independent cont...
- French Culture 101 Welcome to our course on French culture. Throughout this course, we'll offer students a brief introduction to the country and its people. We'll cover necessary issues for your travel preparations to France, including the need for visas or passports. We...