| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || | It's amazing how many of us own personal computers at home, belong to Internet networking systems in work environments, and yet don't understand the very basics regarding Internet Security. While we've all heard terms like worms, spyware and Trojan horse, we're not exactly sure what they are or what they do to our computer.
Nearly every one of us has experienced an Internet virus in our computer's lifetime but still neglect to take adequate steps to protect our computers, our data, and our privacy from others through best-practice protection methods.
In this course, we'll define the difference between a virus and spyware. We'll break down the source and damage a virus can cause to your computer and share information on protecting your computer against virus attacks. Safe computer usage is the primary focus of this course. You'll learn how to reduce your vulnerability to online spam, spyware and viruses and take steps to protect your computer against all malware. This course will help you pay more attention in regard to monitoring your computer usage and downloads and how to detect, identify, and clean an infection.
Options for virus removal may help protect your computer, your privacy, and your important documents from attack. We'll explain why the installation of security patches is just as important as installing antivirus software to your computer. We'll discuss Internet Security options and where you can find popular antivirus software downloads or where you can purchase them for installation onto your computer. Finally, we'll discuss Internet safety tips for you and your family.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Online Threat BasicsLearning how to safeguard your computer system from spam, viruses, and spyware is a valuable component to computer ownership.
Lesson 2: Beware of Common Internet DangersAmong the major drawbacks of Internet computer usage are dangers such as infections, viruses, and spyware.
Lesson 3: What the Heck Is Spyware?Spyware can collect your personal information, change your computer configurations, and make your computer behave erratically.
Lesson 4: What Is a Virus?Basically, a computer virus is some type of malicious program that is specifically designed to delete your files, damage your computer system, and generally make a mess out of the inside of your computer's operating system.
Lesson 5: Anatomy of a VirusUnderstanding the basic anatomy of a virus will help you become more adept at recognizing attack or infection and how you can protect your computer and your files against it.
Lesson 6: Protecting Your Computer Against VirusYou can take much of the risk out of using your personal computer by making a habit of performing certain common tasks.
Lesson 7: Reducing Your VulnerabilityReducing your vulnerability to virus attacks means you have to take time to determine how your computer usage and habits might expose you to a computer virus.
Lesson 8: Getting Rid of a VirusYou do not have to be a computer whiz to understand the basics of virus removal; and whether or not you attempt virus removal yourself, it is a good idea to know how it is done.
Lesson 9: Installing Security PatchesAnytime you subscribe to antivirus, firewall, or antispyware protection, you will need to continually update your systems files in order to identify changes, improvements, or new parameters that help your computer detect and get rid of such viruses.
Lesson 10: Internet Security OptionsYour selection of antivirus software and protection should be based on your computer usage. An antivirus program that you buy for home use may be totally different from something you would use at work.
Lesson 11: Top Ten Tips for Internet SafetyProtecting your computer against viruses and reducing your vulnerability are all responsibilities of the computer user.
|Course Title ||: ||Virus Removal and Protection 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900079 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $29.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Computer Basics 101 Do you find yourself intimidated by computer jargon? Would you like to have a clearer understanding (in non-jargon language) of how your computer works? Computer Basics 101 will both demonstrate and explain how your computer works in an easy-to-follow, ...
- Excel 2007 Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPo...
- Excel 2010 Most computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all t...
- QuickBooks 101 QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an e...
- MS Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Office 2007 will provide a comprehensive tutorial of these programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Word 2007 It doesn't matter if you're new to MS Word or an experienced user, this comprehensive course teaches the most basic features as w...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. Chances are, you've heard of Photoshop frequently in the past even if this will be the very first time that you use the program. Adobe's Photoshop program has become a ...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you fac...
- Microsoft Access 2010 Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will...
- Internet Marketing Basics Today's business marketing efforts require an internet presence, an active campaign and a steady attention to the details of your company's internet marketing efforts. Don't let your company get left behind in the marketplace of ideas and sales. Universa...
- How to Start and Run an Online Business How to Start and Run an Online Business is an online course that is organized into 16 different sections to help you understand how to create an online business, even if you don't have any online business experience. From the basics of learning how to ...
- Quicken Deluxe 2010 Quicken Deluxe is a personal finance management tool that provides features that we all need to keep track of where our money is going. However, this software gives you more than just the power to log your finances and manage your bills. It can also ...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 is a personal information software program that's available with the Microsoft Office Suite. Although it's mostly used as an email client, it can also be used for managing tasks, keeping your calendar, managing contacts, taking notes, journa...
- Internet Specialist 101 The role of an Internet Specialist in today's business marketplace is in exceptionally high demand. The Internet is a global web of interconnected networks that contains an immense amount of information. It has transformed how businesses conduct commer...
- Internet Fundamentals 101 Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet i...
- Adobe Flash 101 Adobe Flash CS4 can be a complex program to use and understand, even if you already have basic knowledge. It's very easy to get lost in the interface and confused by the many features it offers. This course was designed to solve the mysteries of Adob...
- Windows 8 This course is a comprehensive study of Windows 8, featuring an in-depth tour and how-to instructions designed to teach students Microsoft's latest operating system. All students will learn how to navigate the seemingly complicated interface, locate th...
- Windows Live Email 101 Windows Live Mail 2011 is a free email program from Microsoft. It comes with the free Windows Live Essential products, including Windows Live Messenger. If you used to use Outlook Express on Windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista, Windows Live Mail is ...
- OneNote 2010 OneNote 2010 is virtual three-ring notebook. In the old days, you used your paper-filled notebook to take notes, then you used subject dividers to group your notes so they stayed organized. OneNote 2010 does the same thing – quickly and easil...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...