| || || |
Course Meeting Times:
MS PowerPoint 2003 is probably one of the most convenient software applications in the Office suite because it allows you to do so much – easily. Whether you want to create professional presentations for the office or just brush up on your skills, you'll find MS PowerPoint 2003 not only useful, but fun to learn. By the time you're finished with this course, you'll be able to put together advanced slide shows as well as create and deliver board room-style presentations with ease. You'll also feel so comfortable with PowerPoint that you won't be able to believe you didn't use it more before!
MS PowerPoint 2003 can be used in much the same way as video creation software, but without all the headaches and complications! This course is designed to teach you all the fundamentals that you need to know, as well as advanced tips to give you a head start with the software.
- The MS PowerPoint 2003 interface
- How to create presentations
- How to add special effects
- How to insert movies and pictures into your presentations
- How to create and run slide shows
- The various features of PowerPoint 2003 that make your presentation a professional masterpiece.
In addition to teaching you everything you need to know to easily use MS PowerPoint 2003, this course will also give you:
- Public speaking tips
- Tips to make your presentation more interesting and effective
- And rehearsal tips
No matter if you're being asked to take this course for work or doing it on your own to stay up-to-date, you'll find this course will make using MS PowerPoint 2003 easier than you could have ever imagined.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have the following:
- PowerPoint version 2003
- a high school reading level.
No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Introduction to PowerPoint 2003
What is PowerPoint
What PowerPoint can be used for
Learning the interface
Learning the task pane
Learning how to work with the slides/outline pane
Working with toolbars
How to customize toolbars
Organizing a toolbar
Lesson 2: Creating Presentations in PowerPoint 2003
Creating new slides
Changing the layout of a slide
Editing color schemes
Getting new templates on the web
Lesson 3: Slide Text
Entering text onto a slide
Managing text overflow
Bullets and numbering
Lesson 4: Inserting Pictures and Clip Art
Insert clip art
Resize clip art
Rotate and move clip art
Insert a photo
Resize a photo
Rotate and move a photo
Format a photo
Using the picture toolbar
Lesson 5: Inserting Tables and Charts
Inserting a table
Entering and formatting data in a table
Format a table
Insert a word table
Insert a chart
Manage chart data
Lesson 6: Drawing Shapes
Using 3D effects
Using Fill Color
Edit line properties
Manage stack order
Drawing basic shapes
Drawing an arc
Put text on shapes
Create a flow chart
Format a flow chart
Insert text on flow chart
Lesson 7: Custom Templates
Changing a template’s colors
Make a design template in b&w/grayscale
Edit a title master
Edit a slide master
Create a color scheme
Create a background
Save a presentation as a design template
Lesson 8: Multimedia
Use multimedia on slides
Manage movie action
Insert audio clips
Manage audio playback
Use CD music
Lesson 9: Transitions and Animation
Apply a transition to a slide
Apply animation to a slide
Lesson 10: Editing, Rehearsing, and Printing
Edit a presentation
Use Spelling and Research
Set up a show
Rehearse a show
Save custom shows
Use hidden slides
Print audience handouts
Lesson 11: Delivering a Presentation
Move between slides
Use screen options
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class. In order to fully benefit from this course, though, you do need access to PowerPoint 2003.
Each lesson will include a lesson review exam along with an assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create presentations.
- Create slide text.
- Insert pictures, clip art, tables, and charts
- Draw shapes.
- Create custom templates.
- Insert multimedia and create special effects.
- Edit, rehearse, customize, print, and deliver presentations, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Computer Basics 101 Do you find yourself intimidated by computer jargon? Would you like to have a clearer understanding (in non-jargon language) of how your computer works? Computer Basics 101 will both demonstrate and explain how your computer works in an easy-to-follow, ...
- Excel 2007 Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPo...
- Typing and Keyboarding 101 Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can sav...
- Excel 2010 Most computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all t...
- QuickBooks 101 QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an e...
- How to Create Web Pages These days, everyone can benefit from an online presence, and that means developing a website. This course covers a basic introduction of how to create your own website page-by-page using HTML, a common website coding process. From basic HTML defin...
- MS Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Office 2007 will provide a comprehensive tutorial of these programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Word 2007 It doesn't matter if you're new to MS Word or an experienced user, this comprehensive course teaches the most basic features as w...
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Business Writing Basics We live in world where communication is paramount to survival. In a work environment where communication is equated with the professionalism and efficiency of an individual, would you jeopardize your career because of bad writing? Do you want the embarra...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. Chances are, you've heard of Photoshop frequently in the past even if this will be the very first time that you use the program. Adobe's Photoshop program has become a ...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- How to Write a Grant Proposal Did you realize that you are most probably an experienced grant writer already? NO , you say, I've never written a grant in my life before -- but you have. Most people out there have asked somebody, at some time, for something in writing (one way ...
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair There is no question that computers offer many benefits to their users. Whether they are used for pleasure or business, computers enable us to connect to the world in ways never thought possible. And to get the most out of them, computers need to be set ...
- Business Math 101 This course takes you through an overview of the wonderful world of business mathematics. The course is designed for a person of any age and anywhere in the world. All that is required of the learner are a computer, a connection to the internet, a c...
- Dreamweaver 101 Whether this is your first time using Dreamweaver or you've used it in the past, this course will walk you through the program step-by-step and teach you how to use its many features and options to create professional web pages with little more than ...
- Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you fac...
- PowerPoint 2007 The purpose of this course is to help you understand what PowerPoint 2007 can do for you, whether you are familiar with PowerPoint 2003 or new to the application altogether. One of the most noticeable changes is the new user interface called the Microsof...
- Microsoft Access 2010 Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will...
- Internet Marketing Basics Today's business marketing efforts require an internet presence, an active campaign and a steady attention to the details of your company's internet marketing efforts. Don't let your company get left behind in the marketplace of ideas and sales. Universa...
- How to Start and Run an Online Business How to Start and Run an Online Business is an online course that is organized into 16 different sections to help you understand how to create an online business, even if you don't have any online business experience. From the basics of learning how to ...
- Business Analysis 101 How can you make a significant difference in your organization? One way is to be part of a project that improves the company's performance or launches it in a new direction. The business analyst (BA) plays a key role in the development and execution of ...
- Quicken Deluxe 2010 Quicken Deluxe is a personal finance management tool that provides features that we all need to keep track of where our money is going. However, this software gives you more than just the power to log your finances and manage your bills. It can also ...
- Resume Writing 101 One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. The result is poorly-written res...
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 Microsoft Publisher can be an amazing tool. It can help us complete impressive tasks in a fraction of the time, and help to accomplish things that we could never have done on our own. But you have to know how to use this program. This course will sho...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- Effective Presentations Speaking in front of a group of people is one of the most common fears people experience. In fact, it may be more feared than death...or even spiders . Yet being able to present ourselves, our companies, our ideas and products to others is one of the mos...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 is a personal information software program that's available with the Microsoft Office Suite. Although it's mostly used as an email client, it can also be used for managing tasks, keeping your calendar, managing contacts, taking notes, journa...
- Internet Specialist 101 The role of an Internet Specialist in today's business marketplace is in exceptionally high demand. The Internet is a global web of interconnected networks that contains an immense amount of information. It has transformed how businesses conduct commer...
- Internet Fundamentals 101 Are you in the dark about how the Internet works? Do you wonder how in the world it is possible to communicate with someone on another continent in the blink of an eye? This straightforward course clearly and plainly lays out the basics of the Internet i...
- Virus Removal and Protection 101 It's amazing how many of us own personal computers at home, belong to Internet networking systems in work environments, and yet don't understand the very basics regarding Internet Security. While we've all heard terms like worms, spyware and Trojan horse...
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101 Public and Motivational speaking is often a cause for anxiety for millions of people, and it need not be. With the proper preparation, knowledge, and mindset, you can become an extremely effective public speaker. Public and motivational speakers are in...
- Windows 7 Welcome to Windows 7, the latest operating system introduced by Microsoft. Chances are, you were just getting used to Vista when this came out. And, most likely, some of you are still bound to the old and familiar (now) XP. We know that the though...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Marketing for Small Business 101 Marketing for the 21 st century small business is more dynamic and more challenging than ever before in the course of history. The world has simultaneously opened up and yet niched closed in many ways. Today's businesses are challenged by a couple of ...
- Customer Relationship Management 101 Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it. (Peter Drucker) We are exposed to customer service (of one kind or another) at least once a day, every day of the week, fifty-two weeks ...
- Managerial Accounting 101 Managerial accounting is not as widely used as other forms of accounting, nor is it as known. While companies concern themselves with financial accounting methods like audits, budgets and financial statements, they often completely ignore the forward-thi...
- Marketing Outreach Marketing a company's products and services to potential and existing customers is not only necessary, but a key ingredient to growing sales. Outreach marketing is the facet of marketing in which a company representative actively seeks out potential lead...
- Public Relations 101 Public relations can contribute immensely to the success of a business large or small. In short, it is a message, an image, a story or a brand, that is vital to communicate and can grow a business. A solid and well thought out public relations plan can...
- Adobe Flash 101 Adobe Flash CS4 can be a complex program to use and understand, even if you already have basic knowledge. It's very easy to get lost in the interface and confused by the many features it offers. This course was designed to solve the mysteries of Adob...
- Windows 8 This course is a comprehensive study of Windows 8, featuring an in-depth tour and how-to instructions designed to teach students Microsoft's latest operating system. All students will learn how to navigate the seemingly complicated interface, locate th...
- Creating an Effective Sales Team Every small business owner or new entrepreneur knows that the success of their company will depend largely on the effectiveness of their sales team. After all, if you are not selling something, then you can hardly call yourself in business since business...
- Windows Live Email 101 Windows Live Mail 2011 is a free email program from Microsoft. It comes with the free Windows Live Essential products, including Windows Live Messenger. If you used to use Outlook Express on Windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista, Windows Live Mail is ...
- OneNote 2010 OneNote 2010 is virtual three-ring notebook. In the old days, you used your paper-filled notebook to take notes, then you used subject dividers to group your notes so they stayed organized. OneNote 2010 does the same thing – quickly and easil...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...