with CEU Certificate
|Course Meeting Times:||Continuous|
Microsoft Publisher can be an amazing tool. It can help us complete impressive tasks in a fraction of the time, and help to accomplish things that we could never have done on our own. But you have to know how to use this program.
This course will show you how. Through a series of 13 different lessons, you will familiarize yourself with the program and its capabilities. By starting at the beginning and working your way through you will cover everything from opening a new publisher document, learn how to add punch to otherwise boring copy, learn how to create different mailing lists, learn how to create brochures and other business material, learn how to create a website, learn how to highlight important facts, or add other design elements, and much more.
Microsoft Publisher 2007 provides a great source of templates, tips and layout ideas which will cut your design time in half. Having this knowledge will make the design process shorter, and help curb unnecessary frustration. By the end of this course you will be able to create material ready for a professional presentation.
The latest version of Microsoft Publisher is used, but students will not need a copy of this program in order to benefit from this course. It will be of use to anyone from the brand new Publisher user to the person who is simply looking for a little refresher.
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 (recommended)
- a high school reading level.
No books will be required.
Lesson 1: New Features for Microsoft Publisher 2007
Lesson 2: Installing and Activating Your Copy of Microsoft Publisher
Lesson 3: Creating Your Own Publisher Projects
Lesson 4: Adding Borders to Publisher Projects
Lesson 5: Inserting Pictures Into Publisher Projects
Lesson 6: Inserting Textboxes Into Publisher Projects
Lesson 7: Inserting Tables Into Publisher Projects
Lesson 8: Publishing Your Own Website
Lesson 9: Printing and Saving Your Microsoft Publisher Projects
Lesson 10: Page Layout Tips
Lesson 11: Manipulating Graphics and Other Objects
Lesson 12: Sending E-Mail Publications
Lesson 13: Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Publisher
- Install and activate Microsoft Publisher.
- Create publisher projects.
- Add borders to Publisher projects.
- Insert pictures into Publisher projects.
- Insert textboxes into Publisher projects.
- Insert tables into Publisher projects.
- Publish a website.
- Print, save, and adjust page layouts of Microsoft Publisher projects.
- Manipulate graphics and other objects.
- Send e-mail publications, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Microsoft Project 2007$65.001.3 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google + for Business 101$60.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Pinterest$45.000.3 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Create Web Pages$55.001.2 CEUs
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair$65.001.0 CEUs
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)$55.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 7$50.001.4 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Internet Fundamentals 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Internet Specialist 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Typing and Keyboarding 101$60.002.0 CEUs