| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most customers when they have questions or a problem that needs to be resolved.
In order to ensure your customers or clients are happy with the customer service they receive, it's even more important for you to provide exceptional customer service, including outstanding telephone service. Consumers expect better service than ever before, and the limitations of telephone communications don't exempt you from offering them the satisfaction and resolution they demand.
This course focuses on honing outstanding telephone customer service skills in order to meet customer needs and presenting a professional, knowledgeable image that reflects well on your company. When you have finished this course, you will know everything you need to make your customers feel valued and satisfied even under the most difficult circumstances.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges of telephone customer service in today's world.
- Cultivate an excellent phone voice.
- Demonstrate first impressions.
- Describe methods for better listening.
- Describe ways to keep the conversation going.
- Describe conference calls and international calling etiquette.
- Describe etiquette for call transfers and holds.
- Describe best practices for using voicemail and taking messages.
- Summarize when to screen calls.
- Summarize best methods for selling on the telephone.
- Describe methods for soothing irate customers.
- Recognize when you have to say 'no', and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: The Challenge of Telephone Customer Service in Today's WorldLearn about some of the challenges that meet telephone customer service providers today.
Lesson 2: Cultivating an Excellent Phone VoiceLearn how to speak clearly, effectively and positively to customers.
Lesson 3: First Impressions CountThis lesson explains essential techniques to answering phone calls to make a good first impression.
Lesson 4: Learning How to ListenThis lesson explores steps to enhance your active listening skills and responses to customers.
Lesson 5: Keeping the Conversation GoingAsking questions of customers over the phone is designed to determine specific information. Learn how with this lesson.
Lesson 6: Conference Calls and International Calling EtiquetteYou do not have to dread conference calls if you know how to set them up, keep them going, and make them effective. This lesson explores tips for creating a great call experience.
Lesson 7: Call Transfers and HoldsLearn the proper techniques for transferring calls and placing individuals on hold.
Lesson 8: Using Voice Mail and Taking MessagesTaking messages involves more than merely getting a name and number. This lesson explains the basics in detail.
Lesson 9: Screening CallsSometimes it may be necessary to screen calls for your boss or supervisor. This lesson will explain things you will need to remember.
Lesson 10: Selling on the TelephoneThis lesson explores the reason why what you say is more important than the product or service when selling on the telephone.
Lesson 11: Soothing Irate CustomersEvery once in a while, you may need to deal with an angry or irate customer. Lesson 11 explains the Service Recovery Model to soothe ruffled feathers.
Lesson 12: When You Have to Say, "No"Saying no is not always easy, but you can be assertive and polite at the same time. This lesson shows you how.
Lesson 13: Some Final Thoughts on Telephone Etiquette for Quality Customer ServiceLesson 13 wraps up the course on telephone skills and customer service that will enhance your business needs.
|Course Title ||: ||Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900065 |
|Course Type ||: ||Support/Advice |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $50.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business Communications
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Time Management 101 Managing time effectively is fundamental to success. It also factors into achieving balance in our lives. Today, we're busier than ever--at work and at home. Having enough time for things that are important, things we want or need to do, or even to have ...
- Dealing With Difficult People Dealing with a difficult or toxic personality can be damaging both emotionally and physically, particularly if the person is your boss or sitting in the cubicle right next to you. Confronting those who compromise your comfort and job security can be very...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Leadership and Supervision 101 The idea of leadership is one that seems to constantly change. What was once valued in a leader in past centuries, is no longer valued in our modern era. So then, how do we define leadership? And is leadership the same as supervision ? In this Lead...
- Mediation 101 The individual who pursues a career as a mediator can look forward to a job that is personally satisfying and financially rewarding. With its emphasis on fairness and cooperation, this career is an ideal choice for those who are empathetic and want to ...
- Team Management 101 Team Management Is -- Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it. (Andrew Carnegie) 'Managing' used to be just tellin...
- Diversity Training 101 Diversity training is not a new concept, but one that many organizations have been implementing into their training programs. The idea is that when employees are exposed to a variety of different cultures, individuals with different sexual preferences an...
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101 Learn the basics of Employment Law , the potential pitfalls, and ways to keep yourself out of court so that you can grow your business by hiring, evaluating, and managing employees. This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to kno...
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101 Public and Motivational speaking is often a cause for anxiety for millions of people, and it need not be. With the proper preparation, knowledge, and mindset, you can become an extremely effective public speaker. Public and motivational speakers are in...
- Public Relations 101 Public relations can contribute immensely to the success of a business large or small. In short, it is a message, an image, a story or a brand, that is vital to communicate and can grow a business. A solid and well thought out public relations plan can...