| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you factor in all the writing, formatting, editing, and even publishing tools that this newest version offers, Microsoft 2010 becomes one of the best versions yet.
Even if you've never used Microsoft Word before, learning to use Word 2010 will be a breeze. This course takes its time in introducing you to the layout, providing you step-by-step instructions on how to benefit from the most commonly used features. If you're already familiar with previous versions of Word, this course will give you a tour of 2010 and go into some advanced aspects to improve your skill level and make you an expert with this program.
You'll learn how to:
- Format a document
- Edit, proofread, and track changes in a document using easy, built-in tools
- Create and use templates to put together newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Design tables, charts, and graphs
- Create 3D effects for pictures and graphics
- Use MS Word's security features to protect your documents
- Share documents over the web
- Navigate through long documents in a matter of seconds using the new Navigation Pane
- Take screenshots of your work with MS Word 2010
- And much, much more
Whether you want to use MS Word as a word processor or desktop publishing software, this course will teach you everything you need to know. Everything is written in simple language and takes you step-by-step so that even the most seemingly complicated task within MS Word can be completed within a matter of minutes.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
The first thing that anyone needs to know before starting this course is exactly what MS Word is. Microsoft offers a bundle of software programs within MS Office, with each program offering a different function. Microsoft Word is a word processing program similar to (but better than) the antiquated Word Perfect or the Microsoft Works Word processor. Just like any other word processing program, you use MS Word to view and edit formatted text within a document. A formatted text document is defined as a document that contains text which may be in bold, italics, underlined, a different color, or a different font. All word processing programs can do this, but Microsoft Word allows you to do this and a whole lot more. For that reason, Microsoft Word is the most used word processing program in existence today. Remember, even if you've never used MS Word before or just need to become familiar with the features of Word 2010, you're going to learn everything you need to know in the upcoming lessons.
Lesson 1: Beginning to Use Microsoft Word 2010By the time you're finished with this course, you will know the basic functions of MS Word, how to use them, and also know how to implement the advanced tools that will make any task you set out to accomplish even easier.
Lesson 2: Basic EditingThe first step in editing text that you've already entered is to learn how to select it for editing. This lesson will focus on how to use the editing tools.
Lesson 3: FormattingThis lesson will cover the subject of formatting an MS Word document using MS Word 2010, making it an easy task for you to accomplish.
Lesson 4: TemplatesThis lesson will focus on how to use templates in MS Word 2010.
Lesson 5: Working With Graphics and PicturesWord 2010 has a wealth of tools to add interesting graphics that will help your readers easily grasp all of the important information.
Lesson 6: TablesThis lesson will demonstrate how to use tables in this program to do complex page layout operations that almost rival expensive professional publishing programs like Adobe InDesign.
Lesson 7: Desktop PublishingThis lesson will focus on the many simple embellishments provided to enhance your word document for a professional looking presentation.
Lesson 8: Long DocumentsThis lesson will focus on the tools used to correctly record and present a longer word document.
Lesson 9: Technical DocumentsThis lesson will focus on how to make word documents in a specific format to meet specific requirements (such as a term paper)
Lesson 10: Mail MergeTo create mailing lists, envelopes, labels, and merge mail lists, you will go to the Mailings tab on the Ribbon.
Lesson 11: Proofing, Printing, and PublishingThis lesson will focus on the proofreading tools available in MS Word 2010
Lesson 12: Comparing, Merging, and Protecting DocumentsThis lesson will focus on how to use the Document Inspector to safely compare, merge and protect Word documents. The tool Macros will also be explained.
Lesson 13: Customizing and Expanding WordThe ribbon in Microsoft Word 2010 looks the same as in 2007, except in 2010 you can customize it. This lesson will show you how to do this.
|Course Title ||: ||Word 2010 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900076 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Excel 2007 Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPo...
- Excel 2010 Most computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all t...
- MS Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook MS Office 2007 will provide a comprehensive tutorial of these programs- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MS Word 2007 It doesn't matter if you're new to MS Word or an experienced user, this comprehensive course teaches the most basic features as w...
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook This all-in-one training course provides comprehensive instruction on four popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2010, MS Excel 2010, MS PowerPoint 2010 and MS Outlook 2010. MS Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word proc...
- MS Word 2007 This Microsoft Word 2007 course is not only designed to give the experienced MS Word user a tour of the new version of Word, but to also introduce new MS Word users to a comprehensive look at the features and utilities that this word processing software...
- Word 2010 Microsoft Word 2010 is the newest update to their popular word processing software. Looking a lot like their 2007 version, Word 2010 continues utilizing the ribbon to make accessing features and toolbars a lot quicker and easier than before. When you fac...
- Microsoft Access 2010 Microsoft Access 2010 is an information management tool that allows you to store, report, and analyze information within a relational database. If you're trying to use Excel to manage large amounts of information, then chances are Microsoft Access will...
- PowerPoint 2007 The purpose of this course is to help you understand what PowerPoint 2007 can do for you, whether you are familiar with PowerPoint 2003 or new to the application altogether. One of the most noticeable changes is the new user interface called the Microsof...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 is a personal information software program that's available with the Microsoft Office Suite. Although it's mostly used as an email client, it can also be used for managing tasks, keeping your calendar, managing contacts, taking notes, journa...
- Windows 8 This course is a comprehensive study of Windows 8, featuring an in-depth tour and how-to instructions designed to teach students Microsoft's latest operating system. All students will learn how to navigate the seemingly complicated interface, locate th...
- Windows Live Email 101 Windows Live Mail 2011 is a free email program from Microsoft. It comes with the free Windows Live Essential products, including Windows Live Messenger. If you used to use Outlook Express on Windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista, Windows Live Mail is ...
- OneNote 2010 OneNote 2010 is virtual three-ring notebook. In the old days, you used your paper-filled notebook to take notes, then you used subject dividers to group your notes so they stayed organized. OneNote 2010 does the same thing – quickly and easil...