| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Meteorology is a fascinating subject. Because of its very nature, it is never constant or boring. Studies and observations of weather and climate and its impact on humans and the environment offer everything from gorgeous sunsets to terrifying hurricanes and tornadoes.
The study of land, atmospheric pressure, cloud formation and storms offers students of meteorology a never-ending and fascinating look into the forces of nature and our surrounding environment. From how rainbows form to the impact of pollution on the environment, this basic meteorology course explores such topics as: how geography affects weather, cloud formation, wind forces, weather forecasting methods, and global weather patterns (such as El Niño).
From weather forecasting to water conservation, we'll introduce you to the vagaries of weather watching and prediction. We'll study the effects of pressure fronts that create hurricanes, tornadoes, and cyclones. We'll offer students clues on how to watch the sky for signs of change, as well as provide a greater understanding of the development and formation of some of the most awesome powers on earth.
While many of us watch the local television station for news, our decisions of what to wear, when to plant seeds, or when to travel is often affected by unexpected changes in weather. From ancient times to the present, mankind's efforts to predict and forecast weather patterns have displayed mixed results. This course offers students a look at the history of meteorology as well as the impact humanity has on our own local climate and weather. So join us today!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define climate.
- Summarize cloud types and cloud formations.
- Describe and identify the different wind types.
- Describe pressure.
- Summarize how weather forecasting works.
- Describe various storm weather patterns.
- Summarize global weather patterns.
- Summarize conservation and weather issues, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1. Introduction to MeteorologyWhat is meteorology?
Weather Watching Basics
Lesson 2. ClimateClimate and Seasons.
How Geography affects weather (coastline, mountain, desert, and others).
Lesson 3. All About CloudsAll About Clouds, Precipitation, and
Lesson 4. Blowing in the WindFronts and Air Masses. Common types of each.
Air Pressure and Humidity.
Lesson 5. Under PressureUnder Pressure, High Pressure, Low Pressure.
Lesson 6. Weather ForecastingWeather Forecasting
Lesson 7. Stormy WeatherStormy Weather, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes.
Lesson 8. Global Weather PatternsGlobal Weather Patterns and El Nino.
Lesson 9. Water and WeatherBodies of Water and impact of circulation and evaporation.
Lesson 10. Conservation and Weather IssuesWeather Conservation, Saving Water, Changing weather patterns
Lesson 11. Weather EffectsWeather Effects, Rainbows, Aurora Borealis.
Lesson 12. Careers in MeteorologyCareers in Meteorology
|Course Title ||: ||Meteorology Fundamentals |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550433 |
|Course Type ||: ||General Education |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Meteorology
- Medical Terminology 101 This medical terminology course covers the medical language and terminology used by health care professionals everywhere. If you're interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or ot...
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 This self-paced anatomy and physiology course will cover all the bodily systems playing a major role in human anatomy. The material is presented in a practical and comprehensive manner. The focus of the course is on the need-to-know facts that must be un...
- Astronomy 101 The universe is comprised of infinite space both on Earth and beyond. It is quite illuminating to discover the expansiveness that can be found by studying the night skies and not only learning about the array of celestial objects that exist but also unde...
- Geology 101 Geology is the study of the world around us and the way it was formed. The study expands beyond the earth and includes the building blocks of the whole universe. Without the study of geology, it would have been very difficult to build the modern world ...
- ABCs of Physics Welcome to the world of Physics! Here, we will explore the natural laws of how the universe operates. This introductory course covers all the fundamentals of Physics, and is comprehensive enough for students already familiar with the subject. Join now, a...
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology 1 & 2 This comprehensive medical terminology combination course covers both courses: Medical Terminology 101 and 201. We'll start with the very basics of medical terminology, reviewing word roots, prefixes, and suffixes that make up medical words. We'll then m...
- Wildlife Rehabilitation for Beginners Would you like to learn how to protect, nurture and help wild animals and birds? This course explains and demonstrates how you can help without being a wildlife expert. Though the course focus is on what you can do in your own backyard, it also will ...
- Geography 101 Are you mystified by maps? Would you like to know how mountains are made? You can find out the answers to these questions by taking our Geography Course. In eleven easy lessons, you'll learn all about the different geographical features that make up our ...
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology From the laboratory to the real world, cell and molecular biology has a far-ranging impact upon everything from the environment to health and medical issues. Cell and molecular biology enables researchers to study the minute world of microbes and cells. ...
- Marine Biology 101 Marine biology is the science of saltwater and everything that lives, moves, and filters through it. The word marine in this sense refers specifically to saltwater that you find in oceans, not freshwater, which is found in lakes. When you look at a glob...
- Biology 101 Biology, the science of life, concentrates on the structure, function, distribution, adaptation, interactions, origins and evolution of living organisms, a grouping which encapsulates both plants and animals. Biology 101 will encompass the principles of ...
- Cosmology 101 This course will provide you with a great amount of information about our world, our universe, and beyond our Milky Way. With our guidance, you will be able to investigate many fascinating theories and explore many exciting concepts regarding the histor...
- Chemistry 101 At a minimum, a basic understanding of chemistry is needed for it offers a foundation for comprehending the inner workings of biology (how cells function and the behavior of organisms), as well as, the ecological relationships that exist between or...
- History of the Universe For many centuries, scientists generally held the belief that the Universe was truly infinite--it had neither a beginning nor an end. The question of how our Universe began is one of the fundamental questions that all peoples of all cultures have wondere...
- Microbiology 101 The study of microbiology is extremely rewarding, leading to advances in the welfare of the environment as well as human populations. Pursuing this fascinating subject lead to careers in biotechnology, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical research and f...
- Global Warming There have been few environmental issues that have polarized a nation as much as Global Warming. From those who predict that the Earth will eventually get so hot that it will self-incinerate to those who believe that the entire notion of a warming planet...
- Essentials of Ecology 101 A study of ecology is important to understand in today's world. Ecology is the study of the relationships between living organisms, including humans, and their physical environment; specifically, ecology identifies and explains the holism, or critical co...
- Organic Chemistry 101 Organic chemistry is a branch of general chemistry that focuses on carbon-based compounds. Starting with the simplest molecules, alkanes (carbon chains bound to hydrogen atoms), the course expands to examine more complex molecules, including their basic ...
- Physics 201: Intermediate to Advanced Concepts Physics is a foundational science on which many of the concepts of chemistry, geology, biology, and otheratural sciences rely. Because physics is a math-intensive subject, it is sometimes intimidating to those who wish to study it. This course focuses...