| || || |
| || |
We're sorry, this course is not open for enrollment.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion
(additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Whether performing a minor repair, such as your phone or DVD player, or applying for a new and technology focused career, an understanding of the principles directing basic electronics will prove helpful throughout life. This course in basic electronics will lay a foundation for understanding how things work in our modern world. In the process of this course, you will become increasingly aware of how your telephone, television, radio, music and recording equipment work.
In beginning this course, keep in mind that many of the components discussed in the lessons exist both in an electrical or gadget context and in the context of being a part of an integrated circuit. That is, the components exist in the larger application of everyday things you encounter such as an electrical switch, and in they exist as micro-components which are microscopic in size and within the manufactured structure of an IC chip, only 2-5 mm in size.
We will explore the basic elements of electronics, the components of an integrated circuit, and we will cover the fundamental how-to of how things work. You will be prepared to competently converse at an entry level with any human resources person, or quiz your local Radio Shack employee with intelligence and confidence.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe wiring and currents.
- Define Alternating Current [AC] and Direct Current [DC] Circuits.
- Describe Solder, Fuses, Connectors, Adapters and Switches.
- Describe transmitters and receivers.
- Summarize the functionalities of Integrated Circuits, Transistors, Resistors, Capacitors and Diodes.
- Identify schematic symbols.
- Summarize the functionalities and purposes of power supplies and multimeters.
- Describe amplifiers and transistors.
- Describe voltage regulators, transformers and transducers.
- Define basic electronic formulas, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Wiring and CurrentsThis lesson will cover the more common types of wiring and currents used in the most frequently used machines and gadgets in our modern society.
Lesson 2: Alternating Current [AC] and Direct Current [DC] CircuitsThis lesson will discuss the difference between alternating and direct currents.
Lesson 3: Solder, Fuses, Connectors, Adapters and SwitchesThis lesson will explain what are solder, fuses, connectors, adapters and switches.
Lesson 4: Transmitters & ReceiversIn the world of electronics, transmitters primarily generate and amplify a radio frequency [RF] carrier so that it is ready for transmitting or sending out to others through the atmosphere from a satellite or an antenna.
Lesson 5: Integrated Circuits, Transistors, Resistors, Capacitors and DiodesTransistors, Resistors, Capacitors and Diodes are all tiny electronic parts that are soldered in conjunction with an integrated circuit [IC] onto a circuit board for a given purpose as established according to the function of the collection of parts and t
Lesson 6: Schematic SymbolsThe following lesson is a comprehensive collection of standard schematic symbols for electronics universally used by amateurs and professionals alike.
Lesson 7: Power Supplies and MultimetersA Power Supply is a source of current provided to any electronic gadget, tool, appliance or anything else requiring power.
Lesson 8: Amplifiers & TransistorsAmplifiers increase the power of the signal passing through them.Transistors could easily be referred to as the "building block" of modern electronics.
Lesson 9: Voltage Regulators, Transformers and TransducersA transformer converts the level of power in a circuit, while a transducer converts the type of energy produced.
Lesson 10: Terms and Definitions to KnowThis lesson covers the full range of definitions for all terms in this course. They are essential to know and understand.
Lesson 11: Electronic Formulas to KnowHere are some important formulas that you should learn.
|Course Title ||: ||Electronics 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550329 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $45.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
We're sorry, this course is not open for enrollment.
- "I really enjoyed this class, was fun and helpful. Thanks again." -- Fabiola T.
Other Related Classes in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Typing and Keyboarding 101 Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can sav...
- QuickBooks 101 QuickBooks 101 is a course geared for the small business and the small business owner. It contains the features that you loved in Quicken, then goes a step further to give small businesses the accounting software they need to take their numbers from an e...
- How to Create Web Pages These days, everyone can benefit from an online presence, and that means developing a website. This course covers a basic introduction of how to create your own website page-by-page using HTML, a common website coding process. From basic HTML defin...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. Chances are, you've heard of Photoshop frequently in the past even if this will be the very first time that you use the program. Adobe's Photoshop program has become a ...
- Astronomy 101 The universe is comprised of infinite space both on Earth and beyond. It is quite illuminating to discover the expansiveness that can be found by studying the night skies and not only learning about the array of celestial objects that exist but also unde...
- Meteorology Fundamentals Meteorology is a fascinating subject. Because of its very nature, it is never constant or boring. Studies and observations of weather and climate and its impact on humans and the environment offer everything from gorgeous sunsets to terrifying hurricanes...
- Geology 101 Geology is the study of the world around us and the way it was formed. The study expands beyond the earth and includes the building blocks of the whole universe. Without the study of geology, it would have been very difficult to build the modern world ...
- Dreamweaver 101 Whether this is your first time using Dreamweaver or you've used it in the past, this course will walk you through the program step-by-step and teach you how to use its many features and options to create professional web pages with little more than ...
- Geography 101 Are you mystified by maps? Would you like to know how mountains are made? You can find out the answers to these questions by taking our Geography Course. In eleven easy lessons, you'll learn all about the different geographical features that make up our ...
- Quicken Deluxe 2010 Quicken Deluxe is a personal finance management tool that provides features that we all need to keep track of where our money is going. However, this software gives you more than just the power to log your finances and manage your bills. It can also ...
- Microsoft Publisher 2007 Microsoft Publisher can be an amazing tool. It can help us complete impressive tasks in a fraction of the time, and help to accomplish things that we could never have done on our own. But you have to know how to use this program. This course will sho...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology From the laboratory to the real world, cell and molecular biology has a far-ranging impact upon everything from the environment to health and medical issues. Cell and molecular biology enables researchers to study the minute world of microbes and cells. ...
- MS Office 2003: Word, Excel, PowerPoint This all in one training course will provide comprehensive instruction on three popular MS Office programs: MS Word 2003, MS Excel 2003, PowerPoint 2003. MS Word 2003 T his course teaches you all the basics of MS Word, from doing simply functions like ...
- Marine Biology 101 Marine biology is the science of saltwater and everything that lives, moves, and filters through it. The word marine in this sense refers specifically to saltwater that you find in oceans, not freshwater, which is found in lakes. When you look at a glob...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Biology 101 Biology, the science of life, concentrates on the structure, function, distribution, adaptation, interactions, origins and evolution of living organisms, a grouping which encapsulates both plants and animals. Biology 101 will encompass the principles of ...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Cosmology 101 This course will provide you with a great amount of information about our world, our universe, and beyond our Milky Way. With our guidance, you will be able to investigate many fascinating theories and explore many exciting concepts regarding the histor...
- Chemistry 101 At a minimum, a basic understanding of chemistry is needed for it offers a foundation for comprehending the inner workings of biology (how cells function and the behavior of organisms), as well as, the ecological relationships that exist between or...
- History of the Universe For many centuries, scientists generally held the belief that the Universe was truly infinite--it had neither a beginning nor an end. The question of how our Universe began is one of the fundamental questions that all peoples of all cultures have wondere...
- Microbiology 101 The study of microbiology is extremely rewarding, leading to advances in the welfare of the environment as well as human populations. Pursuing this fascinating subject lead to careers in biotechnology, pharmaceutical manufacturing, medical research and f...
- Essentials of Ecology 101 A study of ecology is important to understand in today's world. Ecology is the study of the relationships between living organisms, including humans, and their physical environment; specifically, ecology identifies and explains the holism, or critical co...
- Organic Chemistry 101 Organic chemistry is a branch of general chemistry that focuses on carbon-based compounds. Starting with the simplest molecules, alkanes (carbon chains bound to hydrogen atoms), the course expands to examine more complex molecules, including their basic ...
- Adobe Flash 101 Adobe Flash CS4 can be a complex program to use and understand, even if you already have basic knowledge. It's very easy to get lost in the interface and confused by the many features it offers. This course was designed to solve the mysteries of Adob...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...