with CEU Certificate
Herbs are used for both culinary and medicinal purposes--and sometimes even spiritual purposes. All About Herbs will cover all the basics so that you are ready to explore all of Herbs' many uses.
Not only will you learn the history and definitions, but you will also be able to:
- List several benefits of cooking with herbs and have a basic understanding of how to prepare herbs and incorporate them into your favorite foods.
- Grasp the main traditions in herbal medicine.
- Understand the benefits of growing herbs at home and how to plan your first herb garden.
- Know how to select the right herbs, the best containers, the ideal fertilizer and the best amount of water to help your container herb garden thrive.
- Know when to harvest your herbs and how to dry them for storage so you can enjoy home-grown herbs all year long.
-How to start a heart-healthy, cold and flu prevention garden using basil, cayenne and garlic.
- How aloe vera and peppermint make wonderful additions to both your herb garden and your medicine cabinet.
- Know the beauty of rosemary, fennel and lavender and how to grow them yourself.
- Understand how these ingredients can add a lovely scent to your garden and delicate ingredients to make your own cosmetic treatments.
-Know about another facet of herbal medicine, aromatherapy, which is based on the power of herbs' fragrances and helps treat both mood and health issues.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The History of HerbsAt the end of Lesson 1, you should have a solid grasp of what defines an herb, as well as a good overview of the history of herbs around the world.
Lesson 2: Culinary HerbsAt the end of Lesson 2, you should be able to list several benefits of cooking with herbs, and have a basic understanding of how to prepare herbs and incorporate them into your favorite foods.
Lesson 3: Medicinal HerbsAt the end of Lesson 3, you will have a solid grasp of the three primary traditions in herbal medicine -- Greco-Roman, Ayurveda, and Chinese herbal medicine. Plus, you'll learn how medicinal herbs are used in the U.S. today.
Lesson 4: Growing Your Own HerbsAt the end of Lesson 4, you should understand the benefits of growing herbs at home and how to plan your first herb garden.
Lesson 5: Container GardeningAt the end of Lesson 5, you should have a good handle on the unique requirements and advantages of growing herbs in containers.
Lesson 6: Harvesting and Drying HerbsAt the end of Lesson 6, you'll know how to handle your bountiful herb garden harvest, including how and when to harvest your herbs and how to dry them for storage, so you can enjoy home-grown herbs all year long.
Lesson 7: Heart-Healthy and Cold & Flu GardenAt the end of Lesson 7, you'll know how to start a heart-healthy, cold and flu prevention garden using basil, cayenne, and garlic. You may also get inspired to design your own healthy herb garden designed around your tastes and climate.
Lesson 8: First Aid GardenAt the end of Lesson 8, you'll understand how aloe vera and peppermint make wonderful additions to both your herb garden and your medicine cabinet.
Lesson 9: Cosmetics GardenAt the end of Lesson 9, you'll know the beauty of rosemary, fennel and lavender and how to grow them yourself.
Lesson 10: AromatherapyAt the end of Lesson 10, you'll know about another facet of herbal medicine, aromatherapy, which is based on the power of herbs' fragrances and helps treat both mood and health issues.
Lesson 11: Making Herbal PreparationsAt the end of Lesson 11, you will know how to prepare herbs in a variety of forms to best treat any of a number of conditions. These methods range from a simple tea, or infusion, to a good old-fashioned poultice.
|Course Title:||All About Herbs|
|Languages:||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries|
|Course Type:||General Education|
|Grading Policy:||Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
|Duration:||Continuous: Enroll anytime!|
|Requirements:||View Technical Requirements|
|Course Fee:||Basic Course: $30.00 (no CEU Certification)|
|with CEU Certification: $55.00|
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
|CEU Value:||1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)|
|Standard:||Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard|
|CE Accreditation:||Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.|
|Assessment Method:||Lesson assignments and review exams|
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history of herbs.
- Identify, describe, and evaluate various uses for culinary herbs and medicinal herbs.
- Summarize the basic techniques for growing your own herbs.
- Summarize the techniques involved in harvesting and drying herbs, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Define Herbs||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 : The History of Herbs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: Herbs in Food Preparation||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 : Culinary Herbs||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3: Traditions in Herbs||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 : Medicinal Herbs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Benefits of Herb Gardening||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4: Growing Your Own Herbs||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Benefits of Container Gardening||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5: Container Gardening||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Consideration for Harvesting and Drying Herbs||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6: Harvesting & Drying Herbs||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7: Uses and the Medicinal Values of Herbs||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7: Heart Healthy & Cold & Flu Garden||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8: Uses of Aloe Vera and Peppermint||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8: First Aid Garden||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9: Uses of Rosemary, Fennel and Lavender||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Cosmetics Garden||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10: Treatment in Aromatherapy||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10: Aromatherapy||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11: Simple Infused Oil Recipe||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: Making Herbal Preparations||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||53|
- Aromatherapy 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Career Coaching 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Life Coaching 101$65.001.5 CEUs
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach$60.001.0 CEUs
- Homeopathy 101$60.000.8 CEUs
- The Art of Breathing 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Spiritual Counseling 101$60.001.3 CEUs
- Aromatherapy (Intermediate to Advanced)$65.001.0 CEUs
- Relaxation 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.001.0 CEUs
- Spanish Culture 101$45.001.0 CEUs
- Yoga 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Lifetime Wellness 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Meditation 101: Learn How to Meditate$60.001.1 CEUs
- Weight Training 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Wellness Coaching 101$75.001.1 CEUs
- How to Can, Freeze, Dry and Preserve Food$55.001.0 CEUs
- Floral Arrangement 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Tex Mex Cooking 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Spanish Cooking 101$55.000.7 CEUs
- Dream Interpretation 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Italian Cooking 101$55.001.1 CEUs
- Kitchen Sanitation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Flower Essences 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Therapeutic Bathing 101$55.000.8 CEUs
- Anti Aging Techniques$65.001.2 CEUs
- Pie Baking 101$60.000.6 CEUs
- Cooking and Baking 101$60.001.1 CEUs