| || || |
Learn how to start your own home-based daycare!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Finding quality daycare these days is not always easy. Working parents are constantly seeking educated and experienced childcare providers to meet the needs of their children. There has been and always will be a need for home daycare settings for children, and for those willing to start a home daycare business, there is already an existing market waiting for your services.
Creating a safe, stimulating, and caring environment for children is one of the most important aspects of starting a home daycare business. Becoming a childcare professional requires a little bit of research, the ability to obtain adequate licensing, and the capability of learning how to run and operate a business from your home.
This course provides individuals with the basics necessary to start a home daycare business - from defining your aptitudes, motivations, and capabilities to the necessary legal requirements involved in starting a home daycare business. This course will help interested individuals learn about training, insurance, startup needs and costs as well as the need to assess what age groups might be best suited to your personality.
From setting ground rules to dealing with parents and providing nutritious meals and stimulating activities for children of all ages, this home daycare business course will take you through every step of the process to ensure your success. From learning about first aid training to dealing with behavior problems and difficult parents, students of this home daycare business course will learn how to start, maintain and grow their business step by step.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Establish a plan to start a daycare service.
- Summarize licensing and registering requirements for your daycare business.
- Describe preparing your home for business.
- Summarize safety requirements before doing anything else.
- Summarize ground rules, structure, basics, and dealing with behaviors.
- Summarize strategies for dealing with parents.
- Describe ways to market the business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Making PlansStarting a home daycare business is literally a labor of love.This first lesson will address issues of starting costs and motivations for starting your own home daycare business.
Lesson 2: Licensing and Registering Your Daycare BusinessIt is the responsibility of every daycare provider to know what the local and state requirements are and to follow them.
Lesson 3: Preparing Your Home for BusinessBasic startup needs and costs will be determined by a variety of factors, including your location, the number of children you decide to care for, as well as their age range.
Lesson 4: Safety First!Regardless of the ages of the children a daycare provider decides upon, children of all ages must be able to enjoy a safe and protected environment.
Lesson 5: Setting Ground RulesThis lesson will cover meeting new parents and children, the importance of maintaining accurate records, and the necessity of certain types of forms to prepare for your home daycare business.
Lesson 6: Structure BasicsThis lesson will briefly cover some of the basic care that home daycare providers should offer in their business that are geared to meet individual needs and age brackets.
Lesson 7: Dealing with BehaviorsDaycare providers must also learn proper policies and procedures in terms of discipline so that harmony in the daycare setting is provided as well as satisfaction from parents.
Lesson 8: Dealing with ParentsIn this lesson, we will discuss different parental concerns regarding daycares, as well as the childcare provider's concerns in terms of running their business.
Lesson 9: Problem Solving TechniquesThis lesson focuses on several problem-solving techniques that may help childcare providers deal not only with children's bad habits, but those of parents as well.
Lesson 10: The Importance of SupportBeing able to admit that and you may need some extra help or support is essential in maintaining a smoothly functioning day care business as well as providing emotional and physical support for your own health.
Lesson 11: Marketing Your BusinessUnderstanding basic marketing strategies will help your business grow at a pace that you can easily manage.
|Course Title ||: ||How to Start and Run a Daycare Service |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550140 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business Management
- Behavior Management 101 We devote a disturbing amount of time, energy, and financial resources in the overwhelming task of managing inappropriate behaviors of students and children, and it does not stop there. It is no secret that juvenile delinquency is a growing problem in ou...
- Autism 101 Autism Isn't… A result of inadequate parenting Nor is it a learning disability. And a diagnosis certainly needn't be viewed as a life long sentence to mediocrity, emptiness, dissatisfaction or lack of either fulfillment or productivity. Auti...
- Early Childhood Development Research shows that the early years set the stage for all future development. We know more now than ever before about how young children learn, think and grow. All children are born eager to explore their world and master their development. From birth to...
- Child Psychology 101 This course introduces the methods, theories and main concepts used by psychologists to develop a real insight into the world of children. Child psychology is extremely important for a number of reasons, not the least of which is being able to understan...
- How to Write Short Stories for Children 101 Do you long to write but feel like you're too busy? Writing for children can be the answer. Children's stories are generally far shorter and simpler than stories for adults. You can draft an 800 word children's story during a couple of lunch hours or dur...
- Basic Parenting 101 Good parenting skills are something we learn, not something we are born with. Being a more effective parent or caretaker is possible for everyone! This course can help you get your parenting skills to where you want them to be. It covers a broad rang...
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection Preventing child abuse is everyone's responsibility. This includes law enforcement personnel, educational personnel, medical personnel as well as family, friends, and neighbors. Child Abuse education is important so that students may recognize various as...
- Personality Development 101 In this Personality Development course you will learn in-depth information about personalities. You will gain a better understanding about those around you and also more about who you are and how you got to be that way. This course starts with a basi...
- Building Children's Reading Skills This course will provide the learner with a better understanding of the underlying concepts needed to improve the reading skills in children and adults. Through readings, lessons, quizzes and independent explorations, the learner will leave the course w...
- Babysitting 101 This course is designed to provide beginning babysitters with advice and tips for caring for kids of all ages. Parents want their children to have the best babysitter they could find. This course is written to allow a first time babysitting to know how t...
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders 101 This research-based introductory course will provide comprehensive information on Emotional and Behavioral disorders. The course material will provide you with information on the following: definitions, characteristics, prevalence, causes, assessment, ...
- Special Education 101: Foundations, Purpose, & Challenges Special Education 101 is the first in a series of relevant, innovative and dynamic courses developed and taught by a leading educator in this field. This course explains why people with disabilities deserve respect rather than pity in their quest for ...
- How to Teach Reading Fundamentals Reading is the process of absorbing the written word. Whether in English or another language, reading is an essential part of communication between human beings. Reading comprehension is the ability to process, think through and connect ideas that are ex...
- Learning Disabilities: What You Need to Know This course will provide lots of useful information about learning disabilities from the perspective of the individual and the perspective of the parent. We'll cover numerous coping and teaching strategies, the role of an advocate, and much more. This se...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders for Teachers This is an overview of autism spectrum disorders for teachers and paraprofessionals. We will examine the psychological, physiological, social, and educational characteristics of individuals who have been identified as having autism, pervasive development...
- Reading Comprehension 101 Whether you are a student who is seeking to pass the reading comprehension portion of such standardized tests as the SAT, ACT, CLEP, College Placement Test, ACCUPLACER, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT, or you need to improve your reading comprehension for work ...
- Building Self-Esteem in Children 101 While many of us feel we have an idea of what self-esteem is, it can still be difficult to pinpoint just how to go about helping a child to build a healthy one. In Building Self-Esteem in Children, you will learn all about self-esteem and come out ready ...
- Applied Behavior Analysis Strategies for Teachers This course familiarizes parents, teachers, and paraprofessionals with appropriate behavioral approaches and methods for the instruction and management of individuals with disabilities. This course is designed to provide students with the fundamental...
- Attention Deficit Disorders: ADD and ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) affects millions of children and adults all over the world. Although it is considered a mental health issue by some medical practitioners, ADHD is actually a complex neurobiological disorder, thus, it cann...
- Childhood Obesity 101 Are you one of those parents who constantly worry about your child's weight? Are you unsure about the kind of help and support an overweight child needs? Or are you looking for ways to prevent your child from gaining excess weight? Whichever the case, th...
- How To Be a Substitute Teacher Substitute teaching can be a rewarding profession for people looking to make a difference in children's lives and to leave a positive impact in their communities. It is also a job that allows someone a flexible work schedule and the ability to work jus...
- Unit Studies 101 This is a two-part class, the purpose of which is to provide you with the tools necessary to develop your own unit studies course for either homeschool or classroom purposes. Part 1 walks you through the process of building your own unit study course in...
- First Grade Curriculum 101 The view of schooling is no longer the textbook-based, one-sided lecture method of the 19 th and even 20 th Centuries. Education theory has shifted dramatically in recent decades. The passive learning styles of our past are now understood to be inferi...
- How To Coach Youth Basketball If you are new to coaching youth basketball and not sure what to do, this course will get you up and running! In this short easy to follow course you will learn how to begin your basketball coaching career. We have comprised the basics that will not ...
- How to Coach Little League Baseball How to coach little league baseball is an ideal guide for any coach or parent of young players. Whether you are new to coaching youth baseball or looking for ways to improve your techniques, this course will help move you and your young team towards a gr...
- Second Grade Curriculum 101 There is no specific national school curriculum in the U.S. Many states don't develop their own particular curriculum, but rather adopt standards of knowledge that students are expected to master. In recent decades there has been some general agreement ...