| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself?
This course offers a blend of the science and the art of persuasion in a friendly format with thought-provoking information to help raise our awareness of the tools of influence. Based on Dr. Robert Cialdini's six principles of persuasion, this course is an enlightening way to learn how to wield more influence, as well as to learn what techniques are being used by others who are good salespeople.
Learn about "reciprocation," and how this age-old technique of mutual giving works in influence. Commitment and Consistency and Social Proof are tools that are absolutely necessary in the art of persuasion, both to use and to recognize. Additionally, Liking, Authority and Scarcity are all fascinating concepts that are used in our daily lives. Become skilled at identifying and employing these tools so that you can become a master of the art of persuasion.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Art and Science of PersuasionThis lesson will examine the definition of persuasion and provide a guide to this study.
Lesson 2: Persuasion - Art and ScienceThe art of convincing someone to buy your product or agree to your terms has been studied for eons of time. This lesson will provide a more in depth examination of these basic tools.
Lesson 3: The First Rule: ReciprocityHumans are programmed for reciprocity. This is a powerful persuasive tool that will be discussed in this lesson.
Lesson 4: The Rule of Commitment and ConsistencyHumans instinctively crave to appear consistent. This lesson will discuss how this human behavior can be an effective tool in the art of persuasion.
Lesson 5: The Rule of Social ProofAccording to the social proof principle, humans are heavily influenced by the actions of others.
Lesson 6: The Rule of LikingWhat is it that makes a person so likeable that we want to buy from them, join their cause or otherwise change our minds in order to go along with them? This lesson will discuss this phenomenon and apply it to skills for persuasion.
Lesson 7: The Rule of AuthorityIt is fascinating when we understand that we all tend to treat people differently, depending upon their titles or the status we perceive them to have in society.
Lesson 8: The Rule of ScarcityIn understanding the components of persuasion, the rule of scarcity is the most fascinating phenomenon.
Lesson 9: SpinWhat is spin besides the massaging of information to make it more palatable? It is a subtle way of interpreting events and words through the filter of one's beliefs.
Lesson 10: CommunicationThe most effective tool in persuasive communications is tapping into the emotions of your audience, whether it be hope, anger, loyalty, resentment or humor.
Lesson 11: EthicsIt's important to understand the difference between persuasion, education and propaganda.
|Course Title ||: ||Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900063 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $30.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Communications
- Psychology 101 Why not learn the basics of psychology with our online course designed to give students the most flexibility and independence? Psychology 101 is a comprehensive class providing an up-to-date presentation of the fundamentals of psychology. It's an excel...
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Confidence Building 101 This course on building self-confidence reaches beyond the standard self-help program by addressing the core issues surrounding confidence problems and exploring how to reprogram our brain‘s negative self-talk. Based on the concept that we come int...
- Negotiation Skills In order to be effective at any business endeavor learning how to negotiate properly is not simply a nice skill to have, it has become an essential requirement in career advancement. This course will teach you what you need to know in order to become acc...
- Assertiveness Training 101 The ability to be assertive is difficult. Because most people do not want to be perceived as selfish, demanding, hostile, stubborn or just plain hard to get along with, they allow others to take advantage of them or they do more than is necessary or requ...
- Stress Management 101 Stress is one of the most common words used in society today and a phenomenon that each one of us will experience at some point in our life. Stress affects people of all ages, professions and life situations. While we have an innate understanding of s...
- Conflict Resolution 101 Conflict Resolution: In the Workplace and Beyond Did you know that a little conflict in your office today can shut down your entire operation tomorrow? That is no exaggeration! Workplace conflict costs. It starts by reducing productivity and employee h...
- Sociology 101 This comprehensive course provides an up-to-date presentation of the essentials of sociological study. Students will learn a wide range of classical and contemporary perspectives which will encourage links between theories and current research. With the ...
- Mediation 101 The individual who pursues a career as a mediator can look forward to a job that is personally satisfying and financially rewarding. With its emphasis on fairness and cooperation, this career is an ideal choice for those who are empathetic and want to ...
- Team Management 101 Team Management Is -- Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it. (Andrew Carnegie) 'Managing' used to be just tellin...
- Healthy Relationships 101 Whether you are in a new or long term romantic relationship, a busy student working with other colleagues, parents struggling to form a connection with your children, or a business person needing to form a relationship of trust with the employer--relatio...
- Public Relations 101 Public relations can contribute immensely to the success of a business large or small. In short, it is a message, an image, a story or a brand, that is vital to communicate and can grow a business. A solid and well thought out public relations plan can...
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101 Do you hear stirring speeches that inspire to go out and take to heart what the speaker was talking about? Do you wonder how some people can sell nearly anything simply by how they talk? If you do, then chances are you are wondering about being persuasiv...