| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Hair styling and hair braiding is not a recent trend. The word Braid means a complex pattern created by intertwining three or more strands. A braid can be formed by any flexible material such as fibers, wire, thread, or hair. This course will cover all aspects and types of hair braiding.
With a little work and practice, you will become an expert as this self-paced course is designed to help individuals who would like to do hair braiding on their own and for the aspiring hair braiders who would like to start a hair braiding salon. This course includes instructional photos making the learning process easy. Course topics include:
Lesson 1: History of Hair Braiding
Lesson 2: Hair Braiding Accessories
Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair Braiding
Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles I
Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles II
Lesson 6: French Braids and 5 Strands Braiding
Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair Buns
Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles
Lesson 9: Updo Hair Styles
Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail Braids
Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair Braiding
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the history of hair braiding.
- Summarize the hair braiding accessories.
- Describe the preparations needed before starting a hair braid.
- Describe the simple hair braiding styles.
- Describe the procedures involved in French Braids and 5 Strands Braiding.
- Summarize the different types of hair buns and how to braid them.
- Summarize the procedures involved in creating English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles.
- Summarize the procedures involved in creating basic Fishtail Braids.
- Describe licensing and regulations in order to braid hair professionally, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: History of Hair BraidingHair Braiding Among Native Americans
Hair Braiding Among Africans
Hair Braiding in Asian Cultures
Lesson 2: Hair Braiding AccessoriesHair Braiding Accessories
Alligator Hair Clamp
Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair BraidingCleaning Your Hair
Fine-Tuning Your Hair
Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles IBasic Three-Strand Braid
Knotted Braid Ponytail
Basic Hair Flip
Reverse Hair Flip
Stylish Hair Flip
Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles IIBarrette Fold
Long Clamp Twist
Simple Hair Roll
Lesson 6: French Braids and Five-Strand BraidingFrench Plait
Double French Braid
Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair BunsBasic Bun
Long Clamp Bun
Classic Double Braid Bun
Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pigtail Braiding StylesEnglish Braiding
Lesson 9: Updo Hair StylesRope Updo
Hair Claw Updo
Chinese Braided Updo
Classic Twisted Updo
Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail BraidsFishtail Braids
Fishtail Ponytail Braids
Full Fishtail Braids
Partial Fishtail Braids
Other Simple Fishtail Braids
Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair BraidingGeneral Requirements for Hair Braider License
Safety Regulations for Hair Braiding
Tips for Hair Braiding
|Course Title ||: ||Braiding Hair 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550115 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Education
- Aromatherapy 101 Have you always wanted to learn the secrets of how to blend ingredients and make your own bath and massage oils, or hand and face lotions, or room refreshers and potpourri? Then this is the class for you! This is a self-paced beginner's course demy...
- Nutrition 101 Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last. Review the digestion process and how our body would di...
- Cake Decorating 101 Have you ever had a greasy puddle of icing on your cake plate? By the end of Cake Decorating 101, you'll be assured this will never happen to one of your cakes. Cake decorating is not just buttercream anymore. It is the final packaging everyone sees fir...
- How To Draw 101 This course is designed for beginner artists who have an interest in learning how to draw or sketch -- or simply want to improve their skills. It covers the tools you'll need to draw and also provide plenty of exercises to practice drawing using differen...
- Soap Making 101 Learn how to make your own soap in our self-paced online course. If you've always wanted to try different soap-making recipes, create your own signature items for personal use, for gifts or for profit, or just learn about what goes into making a so...
- Sewing 101 What do you enjoy about clothing? The colors? The design? The fit? What is the most difficult part about finding clothing that falls into all three of these categories? Right, the fit. Every human being has a body shape that is just a little bit differe...
- Genealogy 101 Genealogy is one of the fastest growing hobbies in the United States. According to some experts, nearly 75% of Americans are interested in discovering their family history. There are many reasons for this: some people are interested in learning more ab...
- Life Coaching 101 Coaching has long been an accepted method of improving performance, specifically in sports. The excellent results shown in the sports arena have been expanded to those in executive positions in business. For the last fifteen to twenty years, many mo...
- Wellness Coaching 101 Wellness coaching is a relatively new field, intriguing anyone who desires to get all areas of their life into balance. This Wellness Coaching course is a general survey course designed to give you a well-rounded introduction to this exciting discipline....
- Weight Training 101 More than 5,000 years ago, the ancient Chinese measured the preparedness of their soldiers by how much weight they could lift, and the ancient Greeks, perhaps more than any other culture at any time in history, celebrated the achievement of great strengt...
- Knitting Basics This course is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting but it is also useful to those knitters that might need a refresher class. Whether you have just a little or no knowledge of knitting – this course is for you. Seven lessons provide ...
- How to Manicure The practice of manicuring is a worldwide fashion statement. If you're putting a chunk of your paycheck into beauty products, manicures and pedicures, you may want to save precious dollars by learning to do your own mani-pedi. How to Manicure gives com...
- Lifetime Wellness 101 Health is defined as an optimal state of physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual well being. The same explanation applies to wellness. It's like that old saying You don't have anything if you don't have your health. Our birth certificates...
- How to Start a Craft Business 101 Congratulations on considering opening your own craft business! This course offers an introduction to business and guidelines that will help you create a successful and sustainable crafting business. In this course, you'll learn what to expect, how to cr...
- How to Be Your Own Life Coach You really don't need someone else to help you transform your own life. You can take charge yourself! A life coach will provide great motivation, encouragement and hopefully wisdom, but at the end of the day it is still just you who will need to do the ...
- Candle Making 101 Candle making is a craft as old as civilization itself, yet after so many millennia and technological advances, we still love the light, warmth, and beauty of a lit candle. Whether a seasoned artisan or a budding enthusiast, this course offers something ...
- Flower Essences 101 Flower essences are extremely diluted extracts from flowers that are used to improve the emotional, spiritual, and physical health of people and animals. This type of treatment falls under the umbrella of vibrational medicine and is related to the use o...
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles How to Buy and Sell Antiques and Collectibles offers a highly successful approach to acquiring and selling antiques and collectibles for both fun and profit. This course incorporates many strategies of acquiring and selling desirable objects and pieces, ...
- Therapeutic Bathing 101 Therapeutic Bathing Turn your hygiene rituals into a therapeutic health treatment with a variety of products and techniques No curriculum in natural or alternative healthcare, herbal medicine, homeopathy or holistic healing is complete without a...
- Wedding Crafts and Projects Make the wedding day an even more memorable occasion for the bride, the groom and guests by handcrafting all or parts of the bridal event. Wedding crafts are such a fun, creative and unique way to personalize a wedding and also to involve friends and lov...
- Digital Scrapbooking 101 Scrapbooks have been part of the American way of life for generations. Most of us were raised with scrapbooks and probably even helped make them as children next to our mother's or grandmother's sides. However, with the advent of the home computer and ea...
- Career Coaching 101 With the job market becoming seemingly impossible to crack, career coaches are more important than ever. This online course will teach students the basic of career coaching, including the definition of career coaching, the ethics, how to find clients...
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101 More people every year are discovering the joy of scrapbooking to capture memories and create unique family and friend albums to keep and share. In this comprehensive course, the beginner scrapbooker will learn how to start his/her scrapbooking hobby wit...
- Aromatherapy (Intermediate to Advanced) Since the beginning of time, man has turned to nature for help, specifically using essential oils extracted from seeds, flowers, bark, resins, and other parts of plants and flowers for a variety of reasons. The Western world has departed from the wisdo...
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian Are you curious about vegetarianism or thinking about becoming a vegetarian? You are not alone! Millions of people have made the switch to vegetarianism. Why? Because there are so many benefits, including for your health, the planet, and the animals! Th...