| || || |
Learn the Fundamentals of Fashion Design!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Fashion Design 101 explains the qualities and skills necessary to become a fashion designer. You'll learn about the many related career opportunities available besides that of fashion design and gain an inside look into today's fashion business.
A fashion career is two-thirds artist and one-third business. Color, pattern making and illustration are all skills a fashion designer must learn in order to put a collection together. You'll learn how becoming a fashion designer involves many core related principles to completely understand the many facets of the fashion business.
This course is ideal for students, seamstresses and anyone interested in the fashion business and design quality. Since a fashion designer wears many hats, you will gain knowledge about everything from haut couture to budget clothing and that design is about performing research, applying knowledge of fabric, coordinating color and texture, and monitoring quality and fit.
People who strive to become fashion stylists have a profound knowledge of fashion, a fierce personal style and a knack for putting together complete outfits for themselves and others. This course provides lots of different information about the fashion world to help you better understand why it is important to learn about fabrics, prints and other technical aspects of fashion in order to jump-start your fashion career.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Historical Content and Education Words of caution! If you want to enter a world the likes of Coco Chanel, you must be totally and utterly obsessed with fashion.
Lesson 2: Self-Employment or a Top Job For a fashion designer, every season provides an opportunity. Technology alone enables a designer to deliver their message at a much faster rate.
Lesson 3: The Many Languages of FashionThis lesson will discuss the different languages of fashion.
Lesson 4: The Realities of Manufacturing and Product Development This lesson will discuss the realities of manufacturing and product development in the fashion world.
Lesson 5: Color and FabricAn interesting fact about color….it extends from the religious, the political and to the emotional.
Lesson 6: Fabric ProductionLearning how to make professional garments using machinery helps you adapt to designing commercial quality clothing. You will need a range of cutting and pattern making tools.
Lesson 7: Developing Personal Creativity and StyleFashion design is all about creativity, breaking the rules and setting trends. The role of the fashion designer is to make a person look good in an attractive way.
Lesson 8: Defining a ProjectThis lesson will discuss some of the projects students of fashion will need to be aware of.
Lesson 9: Fashion Business or Fashion CareerIf you are ambitious enough to start your own business in fashion, kudos to you! It's a tough road, however, it can be traveled successfully.
Lesson 10: Marketing Your Fashions: Defining Your UniquenessThe setting is a creation of fashion marketing. Fashion marketing uses many tools to direct the artistic eye of its audience toward a chosen trend.
Lesson 11: Processing Orders and AccountingOne of the most difficult decisions for a new clothing business is establishing price. When setting prices for your clothing designs, be thoughtful, non-biased and know your market.
|Course Title ||: ||Fashion Design 101: An Introduction |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550471 |
|Course Type ||: ||Professional Development |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
UniversalClass Staff Instructor
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Art History
- Cake Decorating 101 Have you ever had a greasy puddle of icing on your cake plate? By the end of Cake Decorating 101, you'll be assured this will never happen to one of your cakes. Cake decorating is not just buttercream anymore. It is the final packaging everyone sees fir...
- Event Planning 101 Event planning is one of the hottest new fields available to people from all walks of life today. Although some event planners may possess a college degree in business or a related field of study, a college degree is not required to be an event planner,...
- Interior Decorating Made Easy Have you always wanted to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques without having to attend an interior design school? Interior Decorating Made Easy will give you a quick and easy overview of the design process. You'll learn the principl...
- Wedding Planning 101 You won't find a more comprehensive of a wedding course online that isn't offered by a bridal association! This eleven-lesson course teaches you all that you need to know to become a well paid, successful wedding planner – starting the day after ...
- Yoga 101 Yoga is accessible to everybody. A history of 5000 years is proof of how lasting and magical this exercise art really is. How many other exercises can boast worldwide acceptance? The fact is, over the past twenty years, yoga popularity has increased ...
- Special Events Planning 101 Think back to the last time you went to a convention, a wedding, or an off-site business meeting. Everything you saw--from the sign-up posts, to the table decorations, to the folders you've been handed--had to be created by someone. That someone would ...
- Interior Design 101 Interior design is an exciting profession that not only requires designers to be able to think creatively, but also to problem-solve. Interior designers are responsible for creating an environment for a structure, which may include a single-family home, ...
- Fashion Design 101: An Introduction Fashion Design 101 explains the qualities and skills necessary to become a fashion designer. You'll learn about the many related career opportunities available besides that of fashion design and gain an inside look into today's fashion business. A fashi...
- Party Planning 101 Looking for a way to throw a children's birthday party on a budget? Easy crafting and good old creativity can balance the budget and still bring joy to all the little party guests. In the party planning business, there is no right or wrong, only a desir...
- Catering 101 If you are the kind of person who... thrives on cooking for your friends, wants everyone to come to your house for dinner, feels like you have more party food ideas than you could ever possibly execute in your own home ...then you might want to start you...
- Digital Scrapbooking 101 Scrapbooks have been part of the American way of life for generations. Most of us were raised with scrapbooks and probably even helped make them as children next to our mother's or grandmother's sides. However, with the advent of the home computer and ea...
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101 More people every year are discovering the joy of scrapbooking to capture memories and create unique family and friend albums to keep and share. In this comprehensive course, the beginner scrapbooker will learn how to start his/her scrapbooking hobby wit...