| || || |
Learn Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Excel!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Microsoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Other desktop applications such as Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Tools have also been added in recent releases of Office.
Since its launch in 1985, Microsoft has released 24 Excel application versions for Windows, Macintosh, and OS/2 based computer systems. Each successive release incorporated new functions and features that allowed the user to customize how data was displayed, and to do more and better data management. However, Excel 2007 is by far the most powerful and versatile of them all!
In addition to a whole new look and feel, Excel 2007 has modified its underlying technical foundation that enables businesses to expand the uses, integration and reach of Excel. Microsoft has also has continued to improve security, plug security gaps, and address functional issues. All this has helped to make Excel a very stable and reliable business application.
Many new features await the Excel 2007 user. Below are just a few highlights:
- Horizontal "ribbons" that display commands left-to-right instead of the traditional vertical water-flow look.
- More rows and columns to help manage your really massive spreadsheets!
- Memory management increased from 1GB to 2GB's which allows for faster computations and increased performance.
- New options for applying themes and styles which enhance the look of your spreadsheets and graphics. And, Excel now supports up to 16 million colors!
- Easier creation and use of formulas.
- New Pivot Table User Interface to help the user more effectively use pivot tables.
With the right training and understanding of Excel 2007, businesses and individual users can unlock the world of opportunities that this powerful business application offers. This Excel 2007 Online Training Course does just that and more! It assumes users have no prior experience with Excel or other spreadsheet programs. We start with the basics, and move up from there. So join us today, and lets learn the fundamentals of Excel 2007!
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the major features and functions of Excel 2007.
- Summarize using the Excel help function.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Use templates.
- Demonstrate working with data.
- Demonstrate formatting data.
- Utilize the save, page setup, and print functions.
- Use headers and footers.
- Manipulate data using data names and ranges, filters and sort, and validation lists.
- Create and format tables.
- Create basic formulas and functions.
- Use charts and graphs.
- Manage, insert, and copy worksheets.
- Secure Excel documents.
- Use advanced formulas and functions.
- Create PivotTables and PivotCharts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Introduction: Organization of this Training Guide, Uses of Excel, New Functions and Features in Excel 2007This lesson is intended to help the user become familiar with the functions and features of Microsoft's latest release of one of its most popular and powerful business applications.
Lesson 2: Getting Started with Excel: Opening a Blank or New Workbook, General OrganizationInstruction on opening a blank or new workbook, and general organization of Excel.
Lesson 3: Highlights and Main Functions: Home, Insert, Page Layout, FormulasInstruction on home navigation, and how to use Insert, Page Layout, and Formulas.
Lesson 4: Highlights and Main Functions: Data, Review, View, Add-InsIn this lesson, the Main Tabs - DATA, REVIEW, VIEW, and ADD-INS - will be discussed in more detail.
Lesson 5: Using the Excel Help FunctionHow to use the help function is expalined.
Lesson 6: Customizing the Quick Access ToolbarHow to customized the toolbar by the user to hold many different commands.
Lesson 7: Creating and Using TemplatesMicrosoft Excel 2007 provides access to a variety of free TEMPLATES. How to customize the templates as needed for themes, other required fields, logo or company name, and much more, is explained.
Lesson 8: Working with Data: Entering, Editing, Copy, Cut, Paste, Paste SpecialThis lesson begins to cover the basics of working with data. After all, this one of Excel's primary functions! Data includes text, numbers, equations and formulas, and more. Any of these data can be edited for multiple purposes.
Lesson 9: Formatting Data and Using the Right Mouse ClickFormatting helps to provide important visual interest as well as to structure the data and cells so that meaningful analysis and interpretation can be completed. Poorly formatted worksheets rarely accomplish their goals of managing and presenting data.
Lesson 10: Saving, Page Setup, and PrintingThis lesson goes into greater detail to review commands that save the workbook changes, format pages for printing, and then print the workbook output. Page Setup includes functions such as Margins, Orientation, Paper Size, Breaks, Background and Print Ti
Lesson 11: Using Headers and FootersThis lesson describes the procedures for working with Headers & Footers. Headers include text, numbers, and other content that displays at the top of each printed page.
Lesson 12: Manipulating Data using Data Names and Ranges, Filters and Sort, and Validation ListsThis lesson covers several basic procedures for manipulating data, governing how data relates to other data, viewing data in different ways, and ensuring data that is entered is valid for the specific business or other criteria.
Lesson 13: Data from External SourcesThis lesson discusses the different data sources and how data can get into an Excel worksheet other than typing or copying and pasting from within the same worksheet.
Lesson 14: Using and Formatting TablesThis lesson discusses how to use the Table functions within Excel 2007. Excel 2007 introduces predefined table formats to help quickly organize data within Excel, as well as display that data to maximize visual appeal.
Lesson 15: Basic Formulas and Use of FunctionsThis lesson begins delving into the heart of Excel 2007; using formulas and functions to manipulate and analyze data.
Lesson 16: Data Analysis Using Charts and GraphsThis lesson takes data analysis to the next level; turning numbers into visually interesting charts and graphs. Excel 2007 represents the next generation Charts Wizard! The Chart Wizard very quickly enables the creation of interesting, colorful an
Lesson 17: Managing, Inserting, and Copying WorksheetsThis lesson includes the procedures for managing worksheets within a workbook. Worksheets can be named, moved around within the workbook, inserted or deleted, and copied either within the same workbook or another workbook.
Lesson 18: Securing the Excel Document (Protect Cells and Workbook)Excel 2007 provides a couple of mechanisms to minimize unwanted or unauthorized changes to changes to a worksheet or workbook, as well as controlling access to the file itself.
Lesson 19: Advanced Formulas and FunctionsThis lesson looks at some of the more advanced formulas and functions found within Excel 2007 such as those used in more complex manually entered formulas, one of the many predefined function, or array formulas. Array formulas take Excel 2007 formulas to
Lesson 20: Advanced Worksheet FeaturesThis lesson continues to review advanced areas within Excel 2007 that allow increased management of workbooks and use of features within worksheets.
Lesson 21: Advanced Data Analysis using PivotTables and PivotChartsThis lesson covers a relatively new area in Microsoft Excel that has gained in popularity over the last couple of years because of the increased flexibility and ease of working with larger quantities of data from multiple sources.
|Course Title ||: ||Excel 2007 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550337 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $40.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Computer Training
- Typing and Keyboarding 101 Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can sav...
- Basic Math 101 Fear fractions no more. And learn whether to add first or multiply first in a string of operations. Whether you are struggling with basic math functions in a course today, you are taking a new job that demands understanding of math, or you simply need to...
- How to Create Web Pages These days, everyone can benefit from an online presence, and that means developing a website. This course covers a basic introduction of how to create your own website page-by-page using HTML, a common website coding process. From basic HTML defin...
- Payroll Management 101 There are many aspects that need to be covered when running a successful business. One of the most important aspects in any business is of course, payroll management. The members of the business involved in payroll management have unique responsibilities...
- Math All-In-One (Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry Review) This self-paced All-In-One Math Course reviews the basics of arithmetic, algebra and geometry. This condensed course covers the following material: Arithmetic: reviewing the use of numbers, signs and symbols, how to perform various operations, how t...
- Dreamweaver 101 Whether this is your first time using Dreamweaver or you've used it in the past, this course will walk you through the program step-by-step and teach you how to use its many features and options to create professional web pages with little more than ...
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) The manner in which we all communicate has been revolutionized by the Internet with the advent of social networking and social media platforms. Millions of people communicate with each other in today's environment via text, email, instant messaging, soci...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 This course will teach you everything you need to know to make full use of the world's most popular graphics editing program -- Adobe Photoshop CS6. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. It has become a m...