(with CEU Certificate)
|Course Meeting Times:||Continuous|
Introduction to Fundamentals of Business Management
We begin by examining the various disciplines and levels in business management and give you hints on how to get a management job in your company. In lesson 2 we cover areas of financial management such as types of capital, debt and equity financing alternatives, a business plan and a budget. Lesson 3 deals with legal and regulatory compliance issues. Human resources and personnel issues are discussed in Lesson 4.
Sales management fundamentals – the sales cycle, customer relationships and pricing – make up lesson 5. We examine the marketing functions (lesson 6) right after sales functions because the two disciplines work hand-in-hand to drive business. Lesson 7 covers some key accounting principles and practices. Inventory control techniques make up Lesson 8, focusing on the role of inventory control, the processes involved and control mechanisms used.
Lesson 9 "Taxes and Your Business Organization" delves into types of organization and some key business tax requirements. Order fulfillment follows the purchase from sales inquiry to delivery in Lesson 10, and explains how fulfillment is important to customer relationships. We finish with lesson 11 explaining the importance and function of information technology. Once completed, you will have a basic understanding of how to manage a business.
- Lesson 1 : Business Basics
- Lesson 2 : Financial Management
- Lesson 3 : Legal / Regulatory Compliance
- Lesson 4 : Personnel Management
- Lesson 5 : Sales Management
- Lesson 6 : Marketing Practices
- Lesson 7 : Accounting Principles
- Lesson 8 : Inventory Control
- Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business Organization
- Lesson 10 : Fulfillment
- Lesson 11 : Information Technology
- Describe the basic functions needed to run a business.
- Describe financial management systems within a business.
- Describe personnel management within a business.
- Summarize sales management within a business.
- Describe common marketing practices within a business.
- Describe the accounting principles of a business.
- Describe inventory control, fulfillment, taxes, and organization of a business.
- Describe the critical role of Information Technology in a business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- Effective Presentations$60.001.1 CEUs
- Project Management 101$60.000.8 CEUs
- Leadership and Supervision 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Human Resources Management 101$75.000.8 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$60.001.5 CEUs
- Mediation 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Public Relations 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- Effective Communication 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Dealing With Difficult People$65.001.0 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- MS Publisher 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade$55.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Diversity Training 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2007$65.001.3 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language$60.001.1 CEUs