| || || |
| || |
We're sorry, this course is not open for enrollment.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Learn the fundamentals of brushstroke techniques in this basic painting course for beginners. You can do this in your home and at your own pace. Hundreds of people are learning to paint right now. You will have one-on-one interaction with Joan.
This course focuses on learning brush stroke techniques for flat, round, filbert, angle, liners, scripts, and deer foot brushes. Students will learn how to use each brush and then paint designs using these brushes with step by step written instructions as well as painted strokes.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the brushes and paints used in One Stroke Painting.
- Demonstrate painting the guardian angel.
- Demonstrate painting scruffy cats, dogs, bears, Santa, trees, and wreaths.
- Demonstrate painting fences, foliage, grass and flower shapes.
- Demonstrate painting scruffy flowers, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Brushes and Paints OverviewThis lesson gives an overview of the brushes and paints used in this course.
Lesson 2: Cats, Dogs, and Bears - Deer Foot BrushThis lesson will teach you deer foot brush strokes to paint cats, dogs, and bears. Let's get started! Lots to learn!
Lesson 3: Sunflowers and Floral Sprigs - Round BrushYou will learn sunflowers and floral sprigs using round brushes. Let's get started!
Lesson 4: Holidays - Deer Foot, Flat, & Liner BrushesStudents paint Santa, poinsettias, hollies, and reindeer. Fun lesson!
Lesson 5: Seashells, Corals, & Ropes - Flat BrushStudents learn to paint shells, clam shells, mussels, corals, and rope. Let's go!
Lesson 6: Pretty Tulips - Flat BrushStudents will learn to paint tulips using the flat and liner brushes. Fun lesson!
Lesson 7: Irises & Bees - Round BrushStudents learn to paint simple irises and bees using round brushes. Fun! Let's get started!
Lesson 8: Flower Field - Filbert, Round, & Flat BrushesStudents learn to paint a field of flowers with filberts, round, and flat brush. Let's go!
Lesson 9: Daisies & Dragonflies - Round BrushStudents learn to paint daisies, leaves, and dragonflies with a round brush as well as a complete design.
Lesson 10: Beautiful Roses - Angle BrushThis lesson teaches roses with angle brush strokes and complete designs. Lots of fun!
Lesson 11: Country Scenes - Deer Foot & Round BrushStudents learn to paint skies, ground, trees, fences, sheep, and chickens and two country scenes using all the elements learned. These scenes are fun to paint. Let's go!
Lesson 12: Barnyard Chickens & Corncobs - Flat & Round BrushStudents learn to paint chickens, corncobs, eggs, and nests with a round brush as well as the complete whimsical design. Let's paint!
Lesson 13: Birds of Paradise - Flat, Round & Script BrushesStudents learn to paint a blue bird of paradise with flat, round, and script brushes, as well as leaves, tree limbs, and a complete design.
Lesson 14: Pins and Spring Up CardsThis lesson will teach you how to construct a pin 140 lb. watercolor paper and make a spring up card. Let's go!
|Course Title ||: ||Brushstroke Basics |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||10659 |
|Course Type ||: ||Hobby/Enthusiast |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: ||Not Reviewed |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $20.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
We're sorry, this course is not open for enrollment.
Other Related Classes in Art
- Digital Photography 101 You just bought your first digital camera and don't know the ins and outs of all those buttons. If that isn't daunting enough, the user's manual is pages thick and intimidating. Well, you've come to the right place. Owning a great digital camera is no g...
- How To Draw 101 This course is designed for beginner artists who have an interest in learning how to draw or sketch -- or simply want to improve their skills. It covers the tools you'll need to draw and also provide plenty of exercises to practice drawing using differen...
- Soap Making 101 Learn how to make your own soap in our self-paced online course. If you've always wanted to try different soap-making recipes, create your own signature items for personal use, for gifts or for profit, or just learn about what goes into making a so...
- Sewing 101 What do you enjoy about clothing? The colors? The design? The fit? What is the most difficult part about finding clothing that falls into all three of these categories? Right, the fit. Every human being has a body shape that is just a little bit differe...
- Genealogy 101 Genealogy is one of the fastest growing hobbies in the United States. According to some experts, nearly 75% of Americans are interested in discovering their family history. There are many reasons for this: some people are interested in learning more ab...
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate Have you ever seen those old black and white (or brown and white) pictures of pioneers? No one smiled, the women always wore gloves, and the children's faces were smudgy. In those days, the cameras required a longer period of time to capture the image th...
- Knitting Basics This course is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting but it is also useful to those knitters that might need a refresher class. Whether you have just a little or no knowledge of knitting – this course is for you. Seven lessons provide ...
- How to Start a Craft Business 101 Congratulations on considering opening your own craft business! This course offers an introduction to business and guidelines that will help you create a successful and sustainable crafting business. In this course, you'll learn what to expect, how to cr...
- Candle Making 101 Candle making is a craft as old as civilization itself, yet after so many millennia and technological advances, we still love the light, warmth, and beauty of a lit candle. Whether a seasoned artisan or a budding enthusiast, this course offers something ...
- Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles How to Buy and Sell Antiques and Collectibles offers a highly successful approach to acquiring and selling antiques and collectibles for both fun and profit. This course incorporates many strategies of acquiring and selling desirable objects and pieces, ...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Digital Scrapbooking 101 Scrapbooks have been part of the American way of life for generations. Most of us were raised with scrapbooks and probably even helped make them as children next to our mother's or grandmother's sides. However, with the advent of the home computer and ea...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Traditional Scrapbooking 101 More people every year are discovering the joy of scrapbooking to capture memories and create unique family and friend albums to keep and share. In this comprehensive course, the beginner scrapbooker will learn how to start his/her scrapbooking hobby wit...
- Card Painting This exciting card painting class has eleven card designs for you to paint. Each lesson teaches you the components of the card and how to complete the design. Card titles in this class are Abstract Tulips, Barnyard Chickens, Carrots, Radishes, a...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 This course will teach you everything you need to know to make full use of the world's most popular graphics editing program -- Adobe Photoshop CS6. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. It has become a m...